Trackday brakes

doing cadwell in the Clio 200 in a few months.
I'm not new to these days and done plenty in my 182 and my setup on that was atf200 brake fluid, carbotek xp10 pads and Brembo hc discs, I overcome heat by removing fogs and arch liners, I could go all day on that setup and I drive hard.

Now moving onto the 200 it's my first day in the car and the setup of choice is atf200 fluid, ds1.11 and whatever the drilled and grooved discs are already fitted.
Rears are std and will stay that way.

Does the 200 suffer from excessive heat like the 182? Should I pull the liners and fogs for airflow?

I'm kinda looking to see what you run on track and any issues you've had tbh.
I hate the initial testing and failing stages of a new car and I'd like to elimate as much as possible before arriving on site.

Many thanks

I didn't have a problem running a similar setup. The larger discs and better cooling of the brembo caliper probably help. Any reason why you didn't go with xp10 again as I found them better than ds1.11?

The car will be used mainly as a Sunday driver and I hear the ds1.11 would be a better all rounder than the xp10.

Out of interest how much are the xp10 in our fitment?

The car will be used mainly as a Sunday driver and I hear the ds1.11 would be a better all rounder than the xp10.

Out of interest how much are the xp10 in our fitment?

I found the ds1.11 crumbled at the edges and also wore the discs unevenly. I've not had any problems with XP10 on my car's which were/are weekend / track cars.

I get them direct from carbotech. A group of us use them with some running XP12. I changed up to a meg 250 earlier this year and still trying to get the brakes working as well as the Clio.

The calipers are the same as the mk2 Megane 225/R26/R26.R for the Clio 200

Last edited:
Reactions: Car.crash