Two Piece Brake Discs

@Woody, do you use the KTR 2 Piece Grooved Front Discs?

Are they any better than their Brembo Black Edition Grooved discs?

I use my Clio on the track a lot and thinking of buying or the Brembo Black edition grooved discs, the KTR 2 piece front discs or the 330 mm PF upgrade kit.

KTR claims the 330 mm PF upgrade discs will fit behind 17'' cup wheels. Others say it won't.

Has somebody used them already? Are they worth the extra money?

I've got the KTR 2 piece discs and have had standard brembo HC discs (Same as KTR grooved but without the grooves).

Having the grooves is definitely a benefit and I think the 2 piece disc should stay a lot cooler on the track, you won't really see any benefit on the road though except the looks

Why do you want to sell?

Going for the 330 mm upgrade?

Please tell me your experiences with the two piece brake discs.
Are they any good on the track?

Thanks.

I use standard discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads,braided hoses and DOT 5.1 brake fluid at the moment and I am surprised by the stopping power.

So with the two piece discs it is going to be even better?

Selling the Clio?
What's next?

Thanks.

I use standard discs with Ferodo DS2500 pads,braided hoses and DOT 5.1 brake fluid at the moment and I am surprised by the stopping power.

So with the two piece discs it is going to be even better?

Selling the Clio?
What's next?

5.1 fluid is good but will damage the car over time.

2 pice disks cool down so quickly mate. you can do 5 hard laps on a track and still no fade or glazing.

I am running 2 piece AP discs with standard pads and lines, last TD the brakes could overwhelm the ABS on regular road tyres, plus no fade even over 20 min of hard track action.

you will see more stopping power with grooves ben as they are constantly deglazed.

Where can I buy the 2 piece AP discs for the Clio RS?

I only found the ones from Ktec.

Why will 5.1 brake fluid damage the car? What where you using?

the clio's internals arnt designed for a 5.1 fluid you may experience faster clutch wear or inconsistant braking when the fluid deteriorates.

ktec are made by hi spec they are very good quality and of course u get ktecs good service.

regular pads are ferodo. similar compound to DS2500 but i used EBC reds and they were phenominal.