tyre size for cup racer alloys

I don't know what it is, but it isn't a road car size, rather a racing tyre size.

For road tyres you would be fine with 215/45R17's

It's an 8j rim, rather than a 7.5j - so 215 or 225 will be fine.

You can easily fit 235s on an 8j, but going much wider, you'll want to be dropping to a 40 to account for the extra rolling radius, There's also more potential for rub/poke as I think the racer wheels are a different offset too.

My track tyres are 225/45/17 and are fine, cheaper and easier to find too.

It's an 8j rim, rather than a 7.5j - so 215 or 225 will be fine.

You can easily fit 235s on an 8j, but going much wider, you'll want to be dropping to a 40 to account for the extra rolling radius, There's also more potential for rub/poke as I think the racer wheels are a different offset too.

My track tyres are 225/45/17 and are fine, cheaper and easier to find too.

+1

I have no issue running 225/45/17

A048 come up nice and cheap on ebay for these.

Mainly from some guy running an elise, one track day then he put them up for sale.

I've been to his house he doesn't have to worry about the cost of tyres LOL

215/45 R17 or 235/45 R17

It doesnt matter which size as one wont give more grip than the other.

235/45 R17 is the closest you'll get to the standard rolling radius with a wider tyre.

I've had both on my 17x8 track wheels and I prefer the characteristics of the 215, a bit more lively :wink:

oks it will be a while as am going to wait for tyres to wear out before i decide as 2 are new and 2 are 1/2 worn

Hope u don't mind me thread jacking to ask a few similar questions rather than starting a new thread :biggrin:

I've got at least 5 track days lined up next year and I'm looking for a set of wheels and tyres to get the best out of the car. Did a few trackdays this summer in the 200 with cup suspension on standard conti tyres and they were good but I know it can be even better.

Been looking at Pro Race 1.2 in black with Toyo 888 which is a pricey option but not sure what is the best offset, widths, sizes etc for max grip and performance.

Ideally I Would like to get some cup racer alloys as i've seen them come up on this forum quite cheap but have missed out and they seem to be really hard to fine.

So what combinations would you guys recommend?

cheers
Ben

Going the cup racer alloy root isn't the cheapest just so you know, though you can end up with something that look's fairly OEM yet is an improvement in looks and performance.