Ultra Red Clio 200: Project Clubsport

Big update time.
FINALLY took delivery of my new seats on Friday. Two Corbeau Clubsports in standard size. First impressions are they they're SNUG in standard size, I'd say anyone over a 34" waist would struggle to be comfy! Much more so that the Pole Position I was using previously. Fitted the frames to the sidemounts on the driver's side and the sliders for the passenger. Ten minutes at the most.

IMG_4721_zpsaw160ifs.jpg

The quality is absolutely bang on, and for the price you really can't beat them. With the extra snugness over the PP, I actually find them comfier too. Bonus.

Fitted:

IMG_4731_zpsfjzxvzg8.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsjdg8jo8a.jpg

The finished interior:

IMG_4733_zpss3njutdm.jpg

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out really. So glad that I snapped up the red belts when I saw them.

Next up - Fit my Varley dry-cell battery and X85 airbox, then the major service/belts at the end of the month. I'm also having the outer steering arms changed for new ones, new discs/pads all round, as well as rear suspension and lower engine mount polybushes fitted. It should feel fresh after all that.

Chris

Thanks, I'm really happy with them. CAE to finish off the interior now...

Perhaps I shouldnt have, just started to look at the prices for these, they seem a good price...can I ask what seat mounts you used also does it lower the seat position compared to the recaros - pardon my ignorance.

In my car I have the original recaros, but with the harness in place would be good to have the lower cut outs for them...jesus, what is it with this forum...my wifes going to kill me!!!!!!

Reactions: Beany and ///M
Dont forget those vents!
I've not decided on colour yet, but it's on the cards!
Perhaps I shouldnt have, just started to look at the prices for these, they seem a good price...can I ask what seat mounts you used also does it lower the seat position compared to the recaros - pardon my ignorance.

In my car I have the original recaros, but with the harness in place would be good to have the lower cut outs for them...jesus, what is it with this forum...my wifes going to kill me!!!!!!

Haha! Do it! Like you, I had the standard Recaros and I always found them too high, not very comfortable and not that supportive around the shoulders.

Re subframe setup, I have Sparco Clio 3 subframes (avoid the OMP ones like the plague) and then the seats come with their own runners, so the subframes just bolt together. Really easy installation.

I've mounted the driver's side on fixed sidemounts to eliminate as much flex as possible, and I didn't need the adjustment as it's only me that drives the car. They're a thousand times better than the OE Recaros, sit much lower and make you feel more connected with the driving experience. Worth every penny.

Reactions: kevlar
I've not decided on colour yet, but it's on the cards!

Haha! Do it! Like you, I had the standard Recaros and I always found them too high, not very comfortable and not that supportive around the shoulders.

Re subframe setup, I have Sparco Clio 3 subframes (avoid the OMP ones like the plague) and then the seats come with their own runners, so the subframes just bolt together. Really easy installation.

I've mounted the driver's side on fixed sidemounts to eliminate as much flex as possible, and I didn't need the adjustment as it's only me that drives the car. They're a thousand times better than the OE Recaros, sit much lower and make you feel more connected with the driving experience. Worth every penny.

Can I ask where you bought them from seat & subframes...

Just looking its quite confusing! on the GSM site (think this is where you bought the frames?) is this what I would need?

I can see a runner kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-seat-sliding-rails/prod_764.html

And the frame kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...clio-mk3-direct-fit-sub-frames/prod_1730.html

Seats on Corbeau site:

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/products/fixed/clubsport-cat/clubsport.html

Like you im a little 'vertically challenged' at 5'7 - so would need the ability to move the drivers seat, same as you passenger seats never used so fixed would be fine.

Thanks Chris appreciate your help!

Just looking its quite confusing! on the GSM site (think this is where you bought the frames?) is this what I would need?

I can see a runner kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-seat-sliding-rails/prod_764.html

And the frame kit:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand...clio-mk3-direct-fit-sub-frames/prod_1730.html

Seats on Corbeau site:

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/products/fixed/clubsport-cat/clubsport.html

Like you im a little 'vertically challenged' at 5'7 - so would need the ability to move the drivers seat, same as you passenger seats never used so fixed would be fine.

Thanks Chris appreciate your help!

Haha, no worries mate. It's simpler than that. I was as confused as you are before I ordered, it seems a complete minefield!

So when you order the seats from Corbeau directly, they already come with sliders from Corbeau, so you don't need extras.

The ONLY other thing you need would be two subrames that the sliders bolt to (with four M8 bolts and nylock nuts from B&Q)

So once you've placed your order with Corbeau, call GSM Performance and order two Sparco direct fit subframes. They're sided, so you'll need one driver's side and one passenger, obviously. I hope that helps.

Let me know if you need anything else, I can always take pictures etc.

Reactions: Wisenatcho
Haha, no worries mate. It's simpler than that. I was as confused as you are before I ordered, it seems a complete minefield!

So when you order the seats from Corbeau directly, they already come with sliders from Corbeau, so you don't need extras.

The ONLY other thing you need would be two subrames that the sliders bolt to (with four M8 bolts and nylock nuts from B&Q)

So once you've placed your order with Corbeau, call GSM Performance and order two Sparco direct fit subframes. They're sided, so you'll need one driver's side and one passenger, obviously. I hope that helps.

Let me know if you need anything else, I can always take pictures etc.

Ok think I got it so seats and the frames in link below...ok time to save those pennies up!

At LAST!!! And my god weren't they worth the wait?

Looks absolutely spectacular mate. Good move on the belts too. You must be thrilled.

How's the driving experience now they're fitted? Must have shed some weight and helped the COG no end!

They look great! what made you go for them over the pole positions? tbh theres not much between them cosmetically.

At LAST!!! And my god weren't they worth the wait?

Looks absolutely spectacular mate. Good move on the belts too. You must be thrilled.

How's the driving experience now they're fitted? Must have shed some weight and helped the COG no end!

Cheers mate! Yeah, I'm over the moon with them. They really have transformed it, and they weigh absolutely nothing!

I can't stop driving it. Haha.

They look great! what made you go for them over the pole positions? tbh theres not much between them cosmetically.

Price mate, frankly. For around £1200 I can buy the Clubsports and have them fully retrimmed in leather and grey Alcantara. The same in Pole Positions comes in at around £1800 plus taxes and shipping from Germany. Plus subframes and sliders etc.

I'll probably get them retrimmed with the headlining early next year. :smiley: