Uniroyal RS2's

Does anyone have them on their clio in the standard size?

If so, what are your thoughts vs the conti's?

Had some on my previous car after switching from eagle F1's and I was impressed with them, especially for the price, but they were in 195/45/15 and there can be a massive difference between tyre sizes and car characteristics etc.

uniroyal . . . . .. . budget tyres? or are these classed as midrange.

uniroyal . . . . .. . budget tyres? or are these classed as midrange.

Mid, but so are proxies and plenty of people rate them so it's irrelevant what they're 'classed' as tbh.

Lots of scooby boys run RS2's and like'em but again, different car, different tyre size.

Yeah thing is with 4wd they are like tractors for traction. If u feel the rubber u can often tell a good tyre from a bad 1 as the less sticky ones feel hard and slippy and sticky ones feel soft and sticky :smile: thats my opinion neways id stick with premium thgh mate its not worth scrimping on the tyres that keep an 18k car on the road

If u feel the rubber u can often tell a good tyre from a bad 1 as the less sticky ones feel hard and slippy and sticky ones feel soft and sticky :smile: thats my opinion neways id stick with premium thgh mate its not worth scrimping on the tyres that keep an 18k car on the road

Not really true; tread pattern plays a massive part in how a tyre performs as does sidewall stiffness, operating temps etc.

It's not an issue of scrimping or trying to save money. Just because a tyre is expensive and branded as 'premium' or 'sport' or whatever term you want to use doesn't mean it's the best suited to the application, hence the thread asking for people who've had first hand experience.

they are called premium tyres because they are made of good quality rubber. have the tried and tested tread patterns, often have higher load index and speed rating, are available in 100's of sizes.

I buy michelin because they are good tyres not cus i think "they are expensive so they must be good"

the 1 sq ft of rubber that keeps my car on the road. .. . . . .

i choose not to fit "ditchfinders specials" :smile:

hankook seem to get a good rating :wink:

If you are not going semi slick why do you need to change from the tyre Renault say us best after hours and hours and hours of testing!

and you believe what renault say??

do you not think renault have an affiiation with continental?

Not really as they used Michelin for the 182 and use Michelin and Dunlop for the 250!

Also conti 3s have been rated as the current best tyre out there!!

I had no experience with the UNIROYAL or Hankook, but did use a set of some yokohama's, and they are terrible in a clio, sidewall stiffness way too hard, car feels every road surface inperfection, tramlining is the word, I guess having compared only those two I feel like conti SC3 is perfectly suited for the clio, as a) gives more comfort than hard sidewall tires, b) no tramlining on the SC3 c) better traction than the yoko's and for sure the grip / sidewall stiffness relation enables easy grip reading, I love them SC3 and in the spring it is time for a new set, after wasting money on the yokos it is no more experiments for my 197, the Conti is really good for the clio, now its winter time and I am running DUNLOP M3 205/50/17 snow tyres which are also fine, a lot softer than summer contis but very good in cold and when there's snow on the road, I just love the look of detailed 197's R27's running NEXEN or NANKANG :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
danny197 Wheels and Tyres 2