unresponsive accelerator..

sorry if im repeating myself from earlier threads but i have a fresh problem.. see what you all think.. i suspect fuel pump goosed but I'll see what you all think..

ok, 2009 197, had a problem a month or so ago with the car not starting.. was advised to hit the fuel tank and try to start it.. this worked a treat.. worked fine ever since and put some fuel cleaner in to give it a clean out.. all good..
about 2 weeks ago, on my way to work, lost the accelerator.. totally unresponsive, as tho it was deprived of fuel.. got greenflag out, and he was about as much good as a chocolate fireguard.. said, its not working, he cant start the car, but it started with the wet start stuff he sprayed into air duct. anyway, towed me home.. came on forum, was advised to charge the tdc sensor.. had a quick look, but with working all hours god sends, i had no time to do it. got a mechanic out to change it for me, but when we tried to start it, the battery was dead.. jumped battery today, the car started and accelerator was responsive, but very slow and sounded like it was going to cut out at idle. spoke to mechanic and he said he suspects its the immobiliser.. but seems a bit strange to me, as it starts so surely this cant be the immobilisers can it?

i suspect the fuel pump has gone.. but mechanic seems to think it wont be that with the car only being a few years old..

any ideas?

i miss my car and want it back now.. 2 weeks without it is killing me..
(was on holiday for 10 days which is why its took me so long to get someone to look at it)

:worried:

Not too sure about your first post, but for your second: the ESP light remains on if you disconnect the battery/it goes flat. You need to reset it...IIRC turn the car on and turn the steering from lock to lock.

Hope you can get this sorted, sounds like a nightmare. I second fuel pump as a theory though!

if the immobiliser is at fault it wouldn't start!

could quite easily be the fuel pump - you can get the pressure checked its 3.5bar pressure from the pump

two "common" non starts on the clio are the tdc sensor and the fuel pump

cheers guys, thought it would be, will get mechanic to check fuel pressure, and price up a new pump.. how much should i expect a bill for? i know its a pain as fuel tank will need dropping out etc..

cheers guys, thought it would be, will get mechanic to check fuel pressure, and price up a new pump.. how much should i expect a bill for? i know its a pain as fuel tank will need dropping out etc..

I think the pump can be done from the top through the access panel under the seat.

im pretty sure its a tank off job, the opening isnt big enough to get the pump out

im pretty sure its a tank off job, the opening isnt big enough to get the pump out

I'm sure I've read threads where people have made the hole bigger to get the pump out. Probably much easier than dropping the tank I'd have thought.

Been onto renault about my problem.. They told me to get it into a dealership and they will diagnose what the problem is, then renault will decide if they are going to help with costs ect as i am unhappy and a long time renault customer, now they have got back on and said they are willing to pay for the diagnostics and then maybe more depending on the problem. Also they said they would be willing to pay to get my car towed into the garage..

So now my question is.. How much for a fuel pump, fitted by dealership? Have had a quote of £300 from a normal garage that my mate works at.. But think thats with foreign parts from china or something

Been onto renault about my problem.. They told me to get it into a dealership and they will diagnose what the problem is, then renault will decide if they are going to help with costs ect as i am unhappy and a long time renault customer, now they have got back on and said they are willing to pay for the diagnostics and then maybe more depending on the problem. Also they said they would be willing to pay to get my car towed into the garage..

So now my question is.. How much for a fuel pump, fitted by dealership? Have had a quote of £300 from a normal garage that my mate works at.. But think thats with foreign parts from china or something

stick with oe on something like the pump! don't be fitting pattern parts!

you could always phone a dealer up to quote for you parts + fittings costs