Upgraded Speakers?

Thinkin of upgrading my speakers when i have some spare cash. Just sound to tinny and poor quality for what i like. Any recomendations on i could get? Have a sub and amp from my last car that i havnt put in as just would prefer speakers for now and not out n out bass!

Any help would be appreciated!

dont fit a sub :worried: 6x9's in a stealth shelf imo. had/have them in my rep and they make so much difference... also they make for a mint mobile speaker when youre camping (boot open and volume up :smiley:)

out of interest... do people know how much a mk3 parcel shelf/steal shelf is?

What about an under-seat sub? What are peoples thoughts....

I had one in my MR2 and they are quite good. It was this one: http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/thb200a-speaker

It won't shake your car to bits like others will but provides some extra punch. If you get one make sure you buy a shielded RCA cable as I made the mistake of using a normal one at first and my car sounded like it had a turbo on it. They automatically turn on/off as well so you don't have to worry about that.

I bought that one for £100 a year last Christmas and sold it in December for £75 within 5 minutes of being for sale, so even if you don't like it you won't lose much :smile:

Ooo, nice one - cheers!

I had 6x9s in my last cars parcel shelf... Not attractive if they come out and the cables get in the way a lot. Probably my poor fitting?

They did sound amazing though.

If I was upgrading speakers I'd just take out the paper ones they provide as standard and replace into the same holes and fittings.

Stealth shelves don't work as well as you think, my friend had one in his old Punto (as well as a 1000w Alpine sub) and you could clearly see that there were speakers mounted on the shelf.

Yer I think I am going to avoid the sub! As much as I love the bassy feel in the car I hate all the rattles outside and it just annoys me! Just want some decent speakers may look into them pioneer ones!

If I was upgrading speakers I'd just take out the paper ones they provide as standard and replace into the same holes and fittings.

Stealth shelves don't work as well as you think, my friend had one in his old Punto (as well as a 1000w Alpine sub) and you could clearly see that there were speakers mounted on the shelf.

its not to hide them completely... its just embarrassing having 6x9's on show lol.

stealth shelves make them less obvious at a glance

i changed my fronts/tweeters with the direct replacements that pioneer make (the one raptor mentioned). then got some yellow pioneer to match the fronts. and then fitted an pioneer underseat sub. now its sound good

Hey just a quick question i just brought some of them Pioneer TS-Q131C for my clio yesterday fitted them, very pleased with them, but when fitting the tweeters I've noticed they sit a little higher than the old 1's there for making them not sit 100% like they did before, they have a slight cap between the speaker grill and the dash is this normal??

Thanks

Hey Martin, where exactly did you buy your speakers and tweeters dude? I might be a copy cat...

And becareful with the tweeter grills, i ended up putting the driver through the grill, ended up buying two new ones, grills are £45 a piece from renault, **** bricks when they told me the price.

hey Tom brought them off a kid on ebay second hand who lived very local 2 me, paid £40 for them. where about in the west midlands do u live i live in shirley solihull