Upgrading to projector lights and HID Xenon

I'm going to upgrade my 200 lights to the projector lense style lights but also want to get HID Xenon's to go with the projectors.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to fit HID Xenon's to a 197 or 200. From what I've read there's a ballast box that powers the Xenon bulb. Would I need to mount this somewhere inside the car?

I have no idea how to do this so any clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

I got a HID kit yesterday as I'm also ugrading my lights to projectors, there are 2 ballasts in the kit I have - one for each side.

PM Kevo on here, he can supply them!

Yeah I'm gonna get them off Kevo. How do you mount the ballasts tho and can you just plug them in to the power for the existing lights..

Sorry to be a pain and thanks :smile:

I'm pretty sure you can cable tie them away somewhere near the headlight, but they also come with mounting brackets.

I was looking at the instructions last night and they have leads which plug into the existing headlight connectors, so draw their power from there - theres some info on threads in the lights catergory on here

imgoing to fit my xenons in the week so will try and get some photos on the wayn and illput them up might give you a idea how it goes..

Thanks mate, are you fitting them to projector lights. 200 or 197?

I've ordered some 6k H1 HID's from Kevo ready for when I get my projector lights next month :smile:

I'm going to upgrade my 200 lights to the projector lense style lights but also want to get HID Xenon's to go with the projectors.

Would anyone be able to tell me how to fit HID Xenon's to a 197 or 200. From what I've read there's a ballast box that powers the Xenon bulb. Would I need to mount this somewhere inside the car?

I have no idea how to do this so any clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Heres a link to a similar thread, with pics of the ballasts

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=45850#post45850

Think i might tackle this too.

There is some angel eye projector lamps on ebay and some other websites. Anyone have them? Are they just the same as OE with the angel eye effect?? Are they any good???

How much does Kevo do the HID kits for??