upgrading??

it seems a few people have gone from the 197 to the 200 now i was thinking isit really worth taking that step? ive been thinking about it all last night and tbh i would really love to do it but im not sure

Iv had the same dilema really. I cant particularly afford a 200 but then i couldn't afford the 197 and Iv had that a year +. Only benefits I can really see is that its a new car - warranty, tighter/newer, engine improvements, improved cup chassis :thumbup1:, yellow recaros :thumbup:

I still dont prefer the front end over mine, but I do prefer the rear. The one big point I dont want at the moment is paying nearly twice as much per month - not until Im done at uni.

There are no real downsides to it, its another great car, but I dont think there is enough difference between the two to warrant a change for me.

Iv had the same dilema really. I cant particularly afford a 200 but then i couldn't afford the 197 and Iv had that a year +. Only benefits I can really see is that its a new car - warranty, tighter/newer, engine improvements, improved cup chassis :thumbup1:, yellow recaros :thumbup:

I still dont prefer the front end over mine, but I do prefer the rear. The one big point I dont want at the moment is paying nearly twice as much per month - not until Im done at uni.

There are no real downsides to it, its another great car, but I dont think there is enough difference between the two to warrant a change for me.

exactly my thought my friend tbh only downsides for me is like you say the front end but i think i would go for a black one tbh kinda hides it haha and those recaros mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! lol why would you be paying twice as much pm? i really do love my 197 taken good care of her but for some reason i want a 2oo now lol

1,000,000% worth it. Even foxspeed was convinced to just how much of a different car it is.

Trust me it is stunning, yes front end takes some getting used to but boy a cupped 200 drive totally different to the cupped 197, far more responsive and far, far sharper turning and better handling.

comes totally alive when you stamp on the breaks dancing just waiting for the turn in.

go test one and i don't mean 10 mins up the road and back.
bet you sign up =;O)

1,000,000% worth it. Even foxspeed was convinced to just how much of a different car it is.

Trust me it is stunning, yes front end takes some getting used to but boy a cupped 200 drive totally different to the cupped 197, far more responsive and far, far sharper turning and better handling.

comes totally alive when you stamp on the breaks dancing just waiting for the turn in.

go test one and i don't mean 10 mins up the road and back.
bet you sign up =;O)

haha i dont have a cup and wouldnt get a cup200 tbh would have to go all the way and get a 200 tbf but your selling it to me haha dealer offered me to upgrade over xmass after having the 197 a year but turned them down cos i wanna get an R26.R eventually lol but i might go down in an hour and get some info on the 200

Lol let us know how that goes!

TBH Iv not worked it out properly, but I got an amazing deal on the R27 and after speccing up a 200 to the same level as mine and taking off a decent bit of haggling discount it is still going to be twice as much in repayments, I dont wanna put anymore down as its savings for a house deposit one of these days :w00t:

Oh and the other reason I have been looking at one is for the CL10 plate lol! :tongue_smilie:

What have they done to the 200 chassis over the 197 ?.Stiffer springs,new dampers? ,but that front end is a real step backwards looks wise.

haha fair play f1team07 ill keep you upto date on my desicion,stormbringer yea stiffer springs dampers things its lowered a little more?? also has faster gear ratios

haha i dont have a cup and wouldnt get a cup200 tbh would have to go all the way and get a 200 tbf but your selling it to me haha dealer offered me to upgrade over xmass after having the 197 a year but turned them down cos i wanna get an R26.R eventually lol but i might go down in an hour and get some info on the 200

i didn't say a 200 CUP, i said CUPPED 200 =;O)

steering rack is also quicker.

I've had four RS Clio's including an R27 and now a Cupped 200.

The 200 is just immense, lots of small improvements make a considerable difference overall. That's not to say the 197 isn't great, it's just the 200 really is alot better (which is what you'd expect from a newer model).

Lookwise, none of my friends own Clio's and so many of them have said my (white 200 with speedlines) new Clio looks the business. They say the front looks aggressive and stealthly, where the old one looked a bit girly (that's what my mate said yesterday and he drives a black Focus ST and loves hot hatches).

People are constantly eyeing the 200 up even more than my old R27, which was also a gorgeous looking motor.

I've had four RS Clio's including an R27 and now a Cupped 200.

The 200 is just immense, lots of small improvements make a considerable difference overall. That's not to say the 197 isn't great, it's just the 200 really is alot better (which is what you'd expect from a newer model).

Lookwise, none of my friends own Clio's and so many of them have said my (white 200 with speedlines) new Clio looks the business. They say the front looks aggressive and stealthly, where the old one looked a bit girly (that's what my mate said yesterday and he drives a black Focus ST and loves hot hatches).

People are constantly eyeing the 200 up even more than my old R27, which was also a gorgeous looking motor.

must admit people love my 197 someone was telling me last night how much they loved it lol but the 200 really is growing inside my mind massively im thinking getting a black one with recaro interior carbon pack folding mirrors etc

must admit people love my 197 someone was telling me last night how much they loved it lol but the 200 really is growing inside my mind massively im thinking getting a black one with recaro interior carbon pack folding mirrors etc

Like me, if you love your hot hatches it is about as perfect as you can get.

The build quality is definately tigher aswell, more solid inside.

I did 36k in my R27 and it was pretty tight but the 200 just feels tougher even though the suspension is harder it never ever rattles and I'm past 7k now.

Get speedlines and trust me it will turn heads!

Ive been thinking like this for about 6wk's!! just waiting for the dealer to phone me bk about a deal!!! but there is always a doubt ive only had the R27 a few months but loveeee the 200 just hope its going to be in my price range!!?

Nashy

Ive been thinking like this for about 6wk's!! just waiting for the dealer to phone me bk about a deal!!! but there is always a doubt ive only had the R27 a few months but loveeee the 200 just hope its going to be in my price range!!?

Nashy

I couldn't recommend the 200 enough. It's such a little beast! Lower, harder, faster but with a nicer interior and you get climate as standard :smile:

Like me, if you love your hot hatches it is about as perfect as you can get.

The build quality is definately tigher aswell, more solid inside.

I did 36k in my R27 and it was pretty tight but the 200 just feels tougher even though the suspension is harder it never ever rattles and I'm past 7k now.

Get speedlines and trust me it will turn heads!

yea got speedlines on my 197 so will be getting them on the 200 aswell deffo getting the recaros aswell :smile: with the carbon interior pack:smile:

I couldn't recommend the 200 enough. It's such a little beast! Lower, harder, faster but with a nicer interior and you get climate as standard :smile:

ive got climate in the 197 aswell lol not much i dont have in it tbh haha but still 200 is such beast of a machine i want one!! lol

Nice, you still need a 200 tho dude! :wink:

I notice you've got the 104BTI. Is that the parrott one? I've just got the new Alpine CDE113BT with parrott built in, bluetooth, USB, iphone connectivity. I'm really pleased with it for the money! :smile:

Nice, you still need a 200 tho dude! :wink:

I notice you've got the 104BTI. Is that the parrott one? I've just got the new Alpine CDE113BT with parrott built in, bluetooth, USB, iphone connectivity. I'm really pleased with it for the money! :smile:

i know haha soon ill get one i think i was like this with the 197 cos i wanted a 182 to start out but saw the 197 test drove brought loved it!!! lol

yes its the parott one mate microphone is placed above rear view mirror:smile: it has i phone,i pod,usb etc aswell mate really good value for money your right

if you get black speedlines don't forget to budget for black centre caps or ring CS and tell them you will cancel the order unless they throw them in.

worked for me =;O)

they did ask my renault history but having had 3 rs clios, 2 clio dynamiques, meggy oasis, scenic dynamique s and a meggy WSR all from new since march 2003 they decided it was wise to let have them and my 4th RS clio.

didn't have to prove it so you could lie.

Last edited by a moderator: