Uprated 197 arb?

ive reasearched this alittle and i know the 197 ARB is 20mm and the 200's ARB is 22mm. Would that make alot of difference?

Are there any other ARB's on the market?

Thanks!!

yeah i know mate!

ive got another exhaust manifold though and gettin Ktec uprated engine mounts so all good!

i think it would make a difference it is 10% thicker so should stiffen up better in a corner

If there was sufficient interest, there's a company Bristol way that can make them (to a higher standard than Whiteline). But I doubt there would be enough interest, or people willing to pay a decent deposit up front.

I changed the ARB on my Puma for a Fiesta Z-S item, again slightly thicker, but couldn't notice any difference. With so many of these things I think to really notice a difference you would have to compare back-to-back on a track.

i think it would make a difference it is 10% thicker so should stiffen up better in a corner

Technically it is more than that - I cant be bothered doing the maths on my phone but if the diameter has increased by 2mm the amount of added material is more than 10%, all in all it is a good thing.

I posted a direct link to a decent looking ARB in Ashe's progress thread yesterday...

Technically it is more than that - I cant be bothered doing the maths on my phone but if the diameter has increased by 2mm the amount of added material is more than 10%, all in all it is a good thing.

I posted a direct link to a decent looking ARB in Ashe's progress thread yesterday...

is that not surface area your on about...

Yeah I think you are right actually Si just me being sleepy lol!

20mm diameter: 3.14 x 100mm = 314mm2
22mm diameter: 3.14 x 110mm = 345.4mm2

31.4mm difference is 10%

Torsional stiffness will be quite well improved with that addition!

Yeah I think you are right actually Si just me being sleepy lol!

20mm diameter: 3.14 x 100mm = 314mm2
22mm diameter: 3.14 x 110mm = 345.4mm2

31.4mm difference is 10%

Torsional stiffness will be quite well improved with that addition!

It'll be approx 20% stiffer (using maths I've not touched for years!)

ah ha glad someones awake :wink:

but isnt it "pie r squared" for surface area so the 22 should be 11x11 = 121 = 379.9mm2? 65mm extra = approx 20%

reminds me when i used to do re-calcs after an engine re-bore !

Yup it is, I am just crap at maths...... Apparently!

Or just slightly drunk and half asleep.

I wish I had stuck to not doing the maths, I was right first time haha!