ventureshield

hi peeps

as title have anyone used ventureshield on there 200 thinking of getting me rear arches done been quoted £80 wot do poeple reckon ?? noticed the rear arches get stonechipped and wot with winter coming up !!! thinking of getting it done

Rear arches?!

I know people that use it and are very pleased, i looked into getting from my windscreen forwards done which was £400. Never noticed the arches getting stone chips though.

If installed correctly it's awesome and worth every penny. Go for it mate, but also take a look at the full kit.

As stated above it needs to be done correctly and ideally the paint corrected before it's applied. I have some ready to apply to the boot release recess on the rear bumper and also to the driver side sill where I catch it with my heel occasionally when getting in and out of the car but i will be getting the machine polisher out before I start.

Can these things be polished, and do they suffer from swirl marks like normal paint?

I've often wondered about it, but always think that because its a sort of vinyl if you scratch it your knackered and it wont work with polish/wax?

They're more rubbery than say a vinyl wrap. Ventureshield is "self healing" - with warmth from the sun, or by poruing hot water on it, all the scratches and damage will 'heal'. I have seen it scrubbed with a scouring pad and then boiling water poured on it and there were no marks left!!!

Thus it renders polishing obsolete. You'll also find that you can't see any swirls under it either - I had this very recently on a BMW 1M whereby the VS masked the swirls under it, and left me with the task of polishing the rest of the car :smile:

Sealant, but not wax. Must be optically clear. Only the most expensive waxes offer the clarity that you'd need. It's fairly protective in it's own right though.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Body Work and Exterior Lights 7