Very poor member with no morals or integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its me your all talking about so let me say my piece before you all judge and execute!!.

The story is i bought a spoiler from steve at an agreed posted price at no time was it mentioned that scotland would be a problem. Now in my mind that means i payed for the postage and therefore any insurance that goe's with it.

The spoiler arrived damaged, i contacted steve who said he'd fill in the claim as i was on holiday at the time. On my arrival home from holiday i contacted steve again about the condition of the spoiler as there was a couple of things i wasn't happy with, your response steve was that "getting it repainted was a little extreme"? ( i did ask for postage details so i could make the claim) some 2-3 weeks later i contacted steve when he told me no joy from PF to arrange a solution, To which steve payed me £35 towards new fins.

This as far as i was concerned the end of the matter. Slightly miffed at the situation i nun the less accepted it was the best i was going to get and left it at that.

I then get a claim form some 10 pages worth!! to fill in from PF which i do and send off.

I then get a cheque in MY name which i rightfully cash.

I will admit i was very slack in contacting steve but as i have explained i other very pressing things going on at the time and it slipped my mind.

as soon as steve contacted me i send him his £35 and apologised for the slackness.

Now as i see it Steve is all square and i still have a broken spoiler to fix and re-paint.

So essentially what you are all saying is this if you bought something that arrived damaged and then made a claim against it whether it be through a courier or supplier that you would then contact them and offer half that value back. I doubt any of you would do this ever.

A word of advice for anyone posting these spoilers in future, Take 2 mins to unscrew the fins and tape them to the main spoiler that way all this can be avoided!!

Last edited:
Its me your all talking about so let me say my piece before you all judge and execute!!.

The story is i bought a spoiler from steve at an agreed posted price at no time was it mentioned that scotland would be a problem. Now in my mind that means i payed for the postage and therefore any insurance that goe's with it.

The spoiler arrived damaged, i contacted steve who said he'd fill in the claim as i was on holiday at the time. On my arrival home from holiday i contacted steve again about the condition of the spoiler as there was a couple of things i wasn't happy with, your response steve was that "getting it repainted was a little extreme"? ( i did ask for postage details so i could make the claim) some 2-3 weeks later i contacted steve when he told me no joy from PF to arrange a solution, To which steve payed me £35 towards new fins.

This as far as i was concerned the end of the matter. Slightly miffed at the situation i nun the less accepted it was the best i was going to get and left it at that.

I then get a claim form some 10 pages worth!! to fill in from PF which i do and send off.

I then get a cheque in MY name which i rightfully cash.

I will admit i was very slack in contacting steve but as i have explained i other very pressing things going on at the time and it slipped my mind.

as soon as steve contacted me i send him his £35 and apologised for the slackness.

Now as i see it Steve is all square and i still have a broken spoiler to fix and re-paint.

So essentially what you are all saying is this if you bought something that arrived damaged and then made a claim against it whether it be through a courier or supplier that you would then contact them and offer half that value back. I doubt any of you would do this ever.
if your not happy with the condition, why not post Steve the spoiler back, with 2 broken fins along with the cheque amount from parcel force?....bet you wasn't bothered about the condition once that cheque came though! :wink:

Then i'd be out of pocket £225!!

I did offer to send spoiler back with fins and his £35! ( leaving me £27 out of pocket)

No i wasn't because then i'd have the money to fix it!!

Last edited:
Then i'd be out of pocket £225!!

I did offer to send spoiler back with fins and his £35!

No i wasn't because then i'd have the money to fix it!!

Well obviously Steve would refund you what you paid once you sent it back. Oh we'll it's up to you what you do with it! Not a bad buy for a cup spoiler!

I'm sorry but as a seller i always accept responsibility for goods that arrive damaged or unsatisfactory and have payed out to then be out of pocket on occasions due to this. I have done nothing wrong and steve is not out of pocket so whats the problem?.

Imagine if you will you buy something from a retailer and it arrives damaged what happens then?. This is no different.

If you feel out of pocket with a broken spoiler and Steve feel out of pocket for obvious reasons would a fair solution not be for you to send the spoiler back to Steve to which he refunds you in full. The cheque to which Steve did all the hard work for (and should get in full) is perhaps then split 50/50 between you. Steve seems happy with half and you make £109 for doing nothing, maybe consider as a payment towards inconvenience caused.

To me that's a fair solution because as it stands your unhappy with the spoiler and Steve (rightfully so) is unhappy at being out of pocket.

Way I see it.

Spoiler should be returned + the £35 compo + the compo from PF.

Seller should return price paid for item + postage for item returning.

End of story.

No idea who wins or looses out of that but I would say only PF would as they have paid compo.

Simples

Last edited by a moderator:
If you feel out of pocket with a broken spoiler and Steve feel out of pocket for obvious reasons would a fair solution not be for you to send the spoiler back to Steve to which he refunds you in full. The cheque to which Steve did all the hard work for (and should get in full) is perhaps then split 50/50 between you. Steve seems happy with half and you make £109 for doing nothing, maybe consider as a payment towards inconvenience caused.

To me that's a fair solution because as it stands your unhappy with the spoiler and Steve (rightfully so) is unhappy at being out of pocket.

My point is Steve is not out of pocket though!

So why is it your entitled to the full £218 and Steve entitled to none? Without him putting all the effort in you wouldn't have it.

If it was me, even if Steve had asked for or expected any I'd have given him half as a gesture of good will. But that's me.

Way I see it.

Spoiler should be returned + the £35 compo + the compo from PF.

Seller should return price paid for item + postage for item returning.

End of story.

No idea who wins or looses out of that but I would say only PF would as they have paid compo.

Simples

Totally agree with this, from a legal standpoint the seller is responsible for delivery right up to the moment the buyer is in receipt of the goods as the delivery company is acting as their agent. This even applies if goods are left with a neighbour as up until the buyer in in actual possession of the goods the seller is still responsible, therefore the item should've been returned for a full refund and Steve should've received the compensation.

(Obviously if the buyer arranges collection then full responsibility lies with the buyer as soon as the delivery company take possession of the item.)

Stickey situation this and I can only feel that more people's opinions on the matter will only add to frustration of both parties involved.

Not saying anyone is in the wrong here by posting their opinions but I for one won't be.

Hope this gets settled that is in the best interests for both parties.

I agree with gogsies comment about removing the fins for any future cup spoiler sales as one of my fins was broken in postage when I bought one

Totally agree with this, from a legal standpoint the seller is responsible for delivery right up to the moment the buyer is in receipt of the goods as the delivery company is acting as their agent. This even applies if goods are left with a neighbour as up until the buyer in in actual possession of the goods the seller is still responsible, therefore the item should've been returned for a full refund and Steve should've received the compensation.

(Obviously if the buyer arranges collection then full responsibility lies with the buyer as soon as the delivery company take possession of the item.)

Well this option was never offered by steve and he took the decision to go for compensation and has openly admitted putting it in my name!.

Steve posted the item so i guess that makes him responsible for its safe and undamaged delivery as you have stated.

As i said before i was happy if a little miffed with the £35 goodwill and had put an end to the matter, It still meant i was out of pocket and had the inconvenience of having to source and get delivered a new set of fins before i could use the spoiler.

Last edited:
Well this option was never offered by steve and he took the decision to go for compensation and has openly admitted putting it in my name!.

Steve posted the item so i guess that makes him responsible for its safe and undamaged delivery as you have stated.

Correct. As it was received by you in a condition you didnt like, you shoukd of returned it and got a refund. Just like you would in a shop when buying something. It would be for steve to take the claim up with PF for damaged to his item.

easiest way I see out of this is doing the above and saying sorry.

I've been lurking on here for quite a while now, but felt that too many people are batting for the wrong team.

I'm with Gogsie.

The spoiler was not dismantled appropriately and obviously not packaged securely enough. School boy error.

As a refund was not offered initially the parcel force cheque should go to the person who currently has the spoiler; as he is the one with the damaged product.
Parcel force are refunding the recipient for damage ensued not to the person who couldn't package a well known fragile easily broken item and for his time chasing their poor customer services.

Steve, poke it; your wrong.

I've been lurking on here for quite a while now, but felt that too many people are batting for the wrong team.

I'm with Gogsie.

The spoiler was not dismantled appropriately and obviously not packaged securely enough. School boy error.

As a refund was not offered initially the parcel force cheque should go to the person who currently has the spoiler; as he is the one with the damaged product.
Parcel force are refunding the recipient for damage ensued not to the person who couldn't package a well known fragile easily broken item and for his time chasing their poor customer services.

Steve, poke it; your wrong.
It's not always like that. When I bought my cup spoiler, it was snapped in half! Yes, snapped in half! I was happy with the way it was packaged and me and the seller came to the agreement that it was the delivery company that were careless. I was offered another spoiler or a refund. I chose a spoiler and left the claim up to the seller. I don't get why just because he's had a damaged spoiler for a few month, he should get around £150 just for waiting. As once he's bought the fins, that's about what he will be left with.

It's not always like that. When I bought my cup spoiler, it was snapped in half! Yes, snapped in half! I was happy with the way it was packaged and me and the seller came to the agreement that it was the delivery company that were careless. I was offered another spoiler or a refund. I chose a spoiler and left the claim up to the seller. I don't get why just because he's had a damaged spoiler for a few month, he should get around £150 just for waiting. As once he's bought the fins, that's about what he will be left with.

For the same reason as i don't see why a few emails & phonecalls merits a £183 payout!

My last word on the subject

I bought and payed for a posted item
It arrived damaged
I was payed goodwill for half the damaged items replacement
A cheque arrives in my name as compensation for damaged item
I belatedly repay the goodwill payment
Steve then asks for full payment of claim and accuses me of theft and threatens legal action

Who's the victim here?

I rest my case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.