Very poor member with no morals or integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this needs locking or deleting gents, just as long as it stays clean as it is at the moment. Personally I appreciate both sides of the argument and I can understand why Steve is p!ssed after he'd done all of the donkeywork and seemingly didn't even get a courtesy message back acknowledging the receipt of the check from Gogsie.

But, I'm with Jonesy, the spoiler should have been returned to sender and either a refund or replacement issued to the buyer. The sender could then either repair and re-sell the item or follow the claims procedure and be compensated for their loss. That would be my opinion on anything from a watch to a wardrobe that had been damaged in transit.

A lesson to all, insurance and communication is important!!!

Just checking in to the thread

the reciever has not pmed me in the last 12 weeks to seek a refund on the spoiler or at any point taken photos to demonstrate any damageits all so convienient to say now-

its a case of having your cake and eating It.

there was no damage when posted.

pf have today confirmed no further cheque will be posted and i understand why...

i offered to take the spoiler back with broken fins and 35 back
it
was rejected even though i would be worse off.

poor form tbh

Last edited:
Just checking in to the thread

the reciever has not pmed me in the last 12 weeks to seek a refund on the spoiler or at any point taken photos to demonstrate any damage

its a case of having your cake and eating It. Incorrect i sent you the pics as soon the damage was spotted.

there was no damage when posted.

pf have today confirmed no further cheque will be posted and i understand why...

i offered to take the spoiler back with broken fins and 35 back
it
was rejected even though i would be worse off. Also incorrect I offered you that option to which you have not said yes or no!>

poor form tbh

The refund option was never offered by you at the time and i was satisfied that you would be sorting the issue.

Never in all my life have i heard so much pish over such a trivial matter.

I apologise again for not contacting you in the way of a thank you but it wouldn't have changed my view on the compensation anyway. I honestly didn't give it another thought when the cheque arrived as i expected you 'd have been contacted by PF also. I do see now how a thank you should have been offered up earlier but as i've said i had more important things on my mind at the time!.

So to confirm your posting the spoiler back with no fins and £35 into my paypal-

i offered you this via Pm last night ....

and it might be pish to you but things like integrity honesty and fairness are all important to me and it would seem that holds true with pretty much everyone-

of course should this spoiler arrive back with me and the 35 back to me via paypal I will update the thread.

s

Yesterday, 16:29
gogsie
user-online.png

Gold Member<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Sep 2011</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">48</dd></dl>

icon1.png
Re: Hi Mate- just a quickie- Spoiler

It wasn't a surprise cheque as I had been asked to fill in forms by parcel force for the claim too.

As for not contacting you sooner well I'm sorry bout that but with a recent family bereavement an working abroad for the last month it was kind of low priority I'm afraid.

I'm not being arrogant as I see it I bought an item which arrived damaged and useless as it was the fact that parcel force gave me the cheque would suggest they feel the same way.

If its that much of a deal for you then I will gladly send you back the spoiler as to be brutally honest I'm not very happy with its condition anyway. As i said previously one hole cover missing on the under side, scratches and I've since found out one if the mounting hole clench nuts is partially stripped.

Yesterday, 21:06
Steve Murr
user-online.png

Site Trader<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; float: left; width: 180px; height: auto !important;"><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">Apr 2010</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px;">536</dd></dl>

icon1.png
Re: Hi Mate- just a quickie- Spoiler

Yes for the third time I am confirming the first claim was in your name as like I said I expected to get around half the money back as good will which would have covered the £70 replacements-

However once this went to appeal & me spending the last 2 months spending hours on Emails with PF the claim was due to come to me & they posted it to you by mistake-

Are you confirming one of the 2 things below-

* that initially after thinking that the money was for you,you have now seen the whole picture- IE it was me who got you the money ( again no thanks whatsoever ) after persistence you are still refusing to give me anything even though you now have in your possession-
A complete spoiler with new caps + £183 free money from PF ( got by me )- but despite all that you feel you should not pay me half-

Or are you confirming that you have spent the goodwill on a new spoiler @ KTEC & will be returning my spoiler with broken fins & my £35 cash back as you are intimating you have bought a new spoiler in replacement of mine with your cheque from PF-

Just for clarity-​

It would appear you are wrong yet again Steve.

Last edited:
TBH I think neither of you are doing your selfs or each other any credit.

The whole thing has been a cock up from the start and handled badly with both of you making bad decisions on the matter.

Why not just do as I suggested and others have agreed with.

NOT because one of you will be better off than the other but BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO

Way I see it.

Spoiler should be returned + the £35 compo + the compo from PF.

Seller should return price paid for item + postage for item returning.

End of story.

No idea who wins or looses out of that but I would say only PF would as they have paid compo.

Simples

TBH I think neither of you are doing your selfs or each other any credit.

The whole thing has been a cock up from the start and handled badly with both of you making bad decisions on the matter.

Why not just do as I suggested and others have agreed with.

NOT because one of you will be better off than the other but BECAUSE IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO

Couldnt agree more neither of you are covering yourselves in glory, pick up the phone and sort it out like men

Status
Not open for further replies.