Viewing this tonight, does anybody know any history?

Hi all,

I'm new to the site and currently have a Corsa VXR (from the dark side lol)
Looking to get an rs 200 as the missus has one and i love driving it.
I travelled over the weekend to see an alien green one but it wasnt the one for me. Ive found this liquid yellow closer to home, i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABSOLUTEL...4282097?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23304e2171

After having recaros in the vxr, they are a must in the next one! And the Satnav is a tidy bonous!!

I already have a list of plans i want todo to it, so hoping the viewing goes well.

Any help would be appreicated

Cheers
Tom

Welcome! I love a Corsa Vxr, my brother has a Forged one, really fun cars.

Ahh didnt realise it hadnt got the cup bits, just done abit of reaserch to see what a cup should have. Its not a massive difference isit?

Gez they are good little cars, fully forged is the way forward lol Mines forged to and its great fun to drive, just had a change of heart and want a clio.

Personally I'd try and drive the cup and non-cup and see which you prefer. There are difference in suspension and steering rack between the two. Personally I prefer the cup, but some people find them a bit too harsh. For some people LY/Recaro and no Cup spec is exactly what they want, others want the harder ride and quicker rack.

A friend of mine has said it seems expensive to... Ive had a quick look at that storm grey one and it does look amazing! Its quite a distance away from me though, but could be worth the travel!

Thanks for the advice Robo, one of the first mods i would do is lower it on H&R springs. But i agree will try and have ago in both before buying. Will have to look into the quicker rack though.

I'm just going to throw it out there because I don't think the corsa has the praise it should.

you know your car and the main thing is, it's forged; so your open to the full tuning potentially which are incredible on it, which the Clio I think you may be bored of not having torque etc that the corsa offers. The Clio is the better handling/better chassis no doubt.

But if your going to spend on springs etc, I'd spent it on the corsa personally, corsa nurburgring brembo caliper conversion and gearbox for the diff, those combines, assuming you've changed the suspension already, you'll be laughing. The Recaros are tighter and hold you in better in the Clio, but the full leather corsa ones are stunning and don't suffer from wear.

I drive my brothers VXR and my mrs's R56 turbo Mini Cooper S regularly , and I love the boost sensation, I get my boost urge out by driving these, and then I climb happily back into the Clio.

Last edited:
Lol! Was a good day, not for an Astra vxr, but the corsa is better.

I know exactly what you are saying Gez, with it being forged i could get some good power out of it and after driving the gf's 200 i have thought i would miss the feel of the torque. Ive been over and over it, even bought an airtech intercooler to get it mapped in the summer lol But feel the times right for a change, something newer and different.

What happened to the Astra??

You will love the 200, just the handling is so confidence inspiring and I just don't know where it's limit is, and I drive it VERY hard, it just continues to shock me. You 100% need the cup option if you buy a full fat Clio. So your stepping up from the corsa, the cup package has the red brakes, stiffer/lower suspension, thicker anti roll bars and a quicker steering rack.

Try and find one with the R.S monitor screen too, they make for fun gadgets, I'm on the hunt for a monitor to retro fit.

As you know, the Astra isn't very clever in the handling department, it really struggled on our RS run over the Beacons.

wheh you said yours is forged, I assumed it was mapped etc, you should be fine with driving the Clio engine if yours was only a standard vxr engine, they're pretty equal in standard form, just enjoy screaming the Clio :smile:

Last edited: