Vxr recaro wiring colour

lee37

Paid Member
Having just bought an rs200 with vxr recaros in, I've found the original Renault plug just sat under the seats and a receipt to code out airbags in clip.

The vxr plugs have been cut off.

Can anyone tell me what colours should go to what?
I've spent ages on search, Google etc but can't find anything at all..

I'll try and get some spare seat side plugs from a scrapper as I'd like to reinstate the airbags etc

Pfa

So, I'll add what I find so someone else may find it useful later.

looking at pictures of Renault airbags.. the blue and brown are the airbag and the black is the earth. I believe there are two airbags in a Clio seat and one in the vxr recaro ? so I know I need to add resistor or programme out one airbag.

Do the normal rs seats have seatbelt pretensioners in?

What’re you trying to do? Use the VXR airbags?
Yes, I can't see any reason not to reinstate the side bags.
I need to take the seats out to see if there's the original position sensor on the Clio portion of the runners still (for the two stage wheel airbag ).

I also don't know if either seat has, or is supposed to have an occupancy sensor.

Biggest headache is not having the normal ones to compare to and follow the wires back, the vxr ones have been chopped as well. I suppose ideally I want a pair of seat looms from some fubarred Clio seats to adapt

Fair play. I wouldn't be dicking around with bags from another car personally.
If you're adamant you want that additional level of safety back, buy some Clio seats.

(appreciate it's a bit of a pointless response from myself)

Reactions: lee37
Yes, I can't see any reason not to reinstate the side bags.
I need to take the seats out to see if there's the original position sensor on the Clio portion of the runners still (for the two stage wheel airbag ).

I also don't know if either seat has, or is supposed to have an occupancy sensor.

Biggest headache is not having the normal ones to compare to and follow the wires back, the vxr ones have been chopped as well. I suppose ideally I want a pair of seat looms from some fubarred Clio seats to adapt
I think that the Clio Recaros will have a slightly different loom to the standard seats as the Clio Recaros had more airbags? I might be wrong. But if I am right then a loom from a standard Clio seat may be different.

If you want the wiring diagrams have a Google for them or see if @turkie172 can help you.

I've sorted a pair of standard seats, yet to collect. Either to use it for the wiring or just fit them.
From the dozens of snippets I've found online the vxr seat airbag is essentially the same as the Clio one. The original non recaro seats have an anti submarine airbag in the seats too hence needing to either code out or resistor out one on the car side. Pretty sure the normal seat loom would work and leave plug for missing bag unplugged after that.

If you can retrofit the Clio seat loom into the VXR seat then that would be your easiest option. You may need to de-pin the airbag connectors or cut and crimp the wires. You can then either fit a resistor to the missing anti submarine airbag plug on the seat loom or code it out with CLIP.

Sorry I'm just home you have a couple of problems if you activate the airbags sell the car and someone gets hurt because they are ineffective even for your own safety if you have and accident. Check the seat to see if the airbags are there and not deployed/used as they might have been in a crashed car because the loom was cut you don't do that normally, get the part numbers and connectors hopefully they will be the standard Recaro airbag the Renault airbags for the Recaros were £120 at one point and were only cross referenced with ones used in Mercedes Maybach. Anyway from there we can see what way to take it.

Recaro connector seat side of loom:
1706889891588.png
1706889964330.png
1706890017723.png

Reactions: Sean197
I'm sorted now. Been to scrappy and got full wiring lions to swap over, delete the wiring for anti submarine bag as it's not on the recaros.
Someone has already wired them up AND had them go off so they're known to work in an accident, from them many threads I've been following

You’ll still need the anti submarine airbag coding out via CLIP or you could use a resistor on the loom - seat side.

Similar Thread Suggestions