W.t.f?

Picked the car up last night from the dealers (droped it in Monday pm see previous stalling thread)new dephaser pully cam belt and tensioner fitted,said they could not hear the noise I had told them about .
Drove home 1.5 miles.In which time I had the rolling in the dash noise 3 times.
This morning left home for the comute in to East London from St Albans.
The car felt very flat and a lack of power after warm up.After leaving the motorway the car started to stall again,then a warning came up on the computer; battery low, then the engine started making a metalic knocking noise as I arrived at work.The Stop warning came up,at this point I stoped LOL.
What the hell have they done ?
And to make maters worse they told me to call Renault assist and renew it as it only runs for 2 yeras .The AA said only the dealer can renew it as its run out.
Also last night I droped the Twingo back and parked it up in the dealers car park nose in so the back was out to the world to see ,about 20 mins later the guy came in and said the NS rear light unit is smashed.When I got into work this morning I checked our CCTV and it was fine when I left work and I drove straight to the dealers ,so it must of happened in the time it was in the Reanault dealers car park, I asked them to check their CCTV but it does not cover the bit where I was parked!!So now I have to pay for a new light unit.

Last edited:
oh dear, this has got me worryin as mine is booked in on thursday at renault

shockin really, hope you get it all sorted dude

This is my 11th Renault(17 in all ) and my second 197,all 4 of our new shape Clios have been in for W'tee work including Clutch,gearbox x2 ,remaps (several) ,rear screen , seats,dephaser pully,Suspension noises,head gasket and cam belt failier,plus a few others ,the only Renault I have not taken in was my 57(new Shape) Laguna 150 DCI Dynamique S.
I have to say all were delt with by the dealers and Renault very well ,but there comes a point when enoughs is enough and that point is getting very close.

Last edited:
well thats a rip off i would refuse to pay until they could prove it was you. if it wasnt in your possesion at the time ure agreement (contract) had ended.

Cheers guys.
Dealer paid for private recovery truck,when I arrived the sevice manager went out and checked the car,looks like the solenoid valve that operates the pully also needs changing and that is putting the Cam timing out.He has also paid for the extended Assistance .
Maybe ready tomoro .

Just had a call ,metal filings found so my hearing was correct,now the head has got to come off and I'm stuck with a Kia.:thumbdown:

Last edited: