wat car next?

As for spending £25k on a FWD hot hatch - you must be mad, lots more worthy cars out there for that money!

I can't see what FWD has to do with if the car handles well, looks good and has all the toys you want.

I would spend 25k on a Focus RS

Just my opinion

Personally I would get a 370Z next but I would probably have to keep the Clio for nostalgias sake!

Personally I would get a 370Z next but I would probably have to keep the Clio for nostalgias sake!

Good choice Paul, next door neighbour has a white 350Z and 2 people at work have them and they sound brilliant! :thumbup1:

Firstly, well done for being in such a position.

If this is being run through a company, aren't you responsible for CC tax? If so, most "interesting" stuff is surely ruled out? Even ignoring the tax aspect, you must be spending a fortune on fuel.

If CC Tax is an issue, then the clear choices are either a 123d or an Alpina D3S, even if CC Tax isn't an issue, these cars still make a compelling fuel economy argument for themselves when compared to a 325d, 330d or 335d.

I would be inclined to suggest that a 2.0 diesel beemer will save you enough in fuel to be able to buy a 172 for track action, though you would probably be better putting that away as a deposit for a house.

you can easily get a RR Sport for that kind of money ! I would have a 335d coupe for that money though. Rapid, comfy and still 40+ mpg

are you self employed chowie??

why not look at a exec car? something along the lines of a merc? having previously owned a 330 Convertable BMW, I wouldnt ever have another one, merc is the way forward imo,

Last edited:
Yer run my own company
Internet sales

But I meet alot of suppliers and go to alot of meetings with my dad who owns a big distribution firm for car accessories across the uk a Europe

So needs to look good only benefit is the people I meet are huge into there cars. I'm currently looking at the e vouge that comes out this year my mate just put a deposit on one and they really look smart!

I'll be buying another VW/Audi next. Hopefully, if i can stretch to it an RS* of some kind. Maybe a Rocco R or Golf R. Few years off yet though.

The golf GTIs are nice, I test drove one before the clio. They're not that exciting standard but meant to be a bit of an animal with a few tweaks. Being a turbo its pretty easy to get a load more power out of them. The look pretty classy too

Or, could even look at a GTD

get a sensible car and put all the money towards a house

you wil only regret wasting all that cash later in life

its only a car at the end of the day

The golf GTIs are nice, I test drove one before the clio. They're not that exciting standard but meant to be a bit of an animal with a few tweaks. Being a turbo its pretty easy to get a load more power out of them. The look pretty classy too

Or, could even look at a GTD

Ive had a Mk5 GTI before. Sold it unnecessarily, as we were meant to be moving to a considerable commuting distance. This then fell through, and we had already sold the Golf and bought an Ibiza FR TDI. Gutted is an understatement.

3897972276_ec2cc8698a.jpg

To be honest, as much as i love the Clio. Its great. I really, really miss not having a Golf GTI in my life. It was a toss up between an Edition 30 or the Clio RS at the time.