wax

looking at purchasing some deatiling products.

Whats the best wax people have used and whats the best way to apply and then buff up?

get yourself onto ( Detailing World ) its a fantastic site,

all the info you will need will be on there, and a whole lot more tbh.

HTH, :thumbup1:

btw you will end up spending a load of cash like i have done, lol :tongue_smilie:

I am a keen detailer of a black 197, used a few products and tbh the best so far is dodo juice supernatural buy the plastic tub though the wooden 1 isnt worth £30 more its the best u'll get for the money if u wana spend mega bux look on swissvax site.

get yourself onto ( Detailing World ) its a fantastic site,

all the info you will need will be on there, and a whole lot more tbh.

HTH, :thumbup1:

btw you will end up spending a load of cash like i have done, lol :tongue_smilie:

very true but you can end up with tooooooo much choice on there :001_rolleyes:

Thing is mate, wax does zero for the appearance of your car unless you have prepared the cars surface first - and even then the visible differences between waxes are very very slight.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no point in paying over the odds for wax. I bought Paul Daltons Crystal Rock which was 500 quid... sold it after a week as it was no different to Collinite 476S which is 20 quid. (Sorry for saying quid but my pound sign key isn't working!)

Spend your money on polishes for the car, a clay bar or 2 and various other cleaning products.

Detailers tend to get sucked in by the "money means quality" route. This simply is not true. Dodo Juice Supernatural is by no means any better than Collinite 476S.

Thing is mate, wax does zero for the appearance of your car unless you have prepared the cars surface first - and even then the visible differences between waxes are very very slight.

In my opinion, there is absolutely no point in paying over the odds for wax. I bought Paul Daltons Crystal Rock which was 500 quid... sold it after a week as it was no different to Collinite 476S which is 20 quid. (Sorry for saying quid but my pound sign key isn't working!)

Spend your money on polishes for the car, a clay bar or 2 and various other cleaning products.

Detailers tend to get sucked in by the "money means quality" route. This simply is not true. Dodo Juice Supernatural is by no means any better than Collinite 476S.

Couldnt agree more, with everything said there! Prep is more important than the finnish.

And to be honest its all a bit of a dark art. I gaurantee if you ask 50 people what you should use, you will get 50 different answers. Perosnally i think 99% of Meguires products are shite... but other people will have a hit put out on you if you say that lol. Rickyboy has recommended Collinite, and so would my dad! But personally ive never had a satisfying result from it. However i do like to use Werkstadt... you get the picture. :thumbup1:

Its best to experiment with different stuff and find what works for you. Sure ask people and get some ideas, also call a few detailers and ask their recomendations, then gather some products together and give it a shot. If you find something that is difficult to use or doesnt give a desired effect, swap it out etc...

Also get some decent "tools" such as wash mitts and microfiber towels.

Heres a quick breakdown of what i use... (this is on a solid white car, probably wont use some of this on my 200!)

Pre Wash - Super Snow Foam and Autobrite lance
Wash - Chemical guys Extreme Wash
Clay - Sonus or Meguires
Polish - Werkstadt Prime
Sealant - Werstadt Jett
Detailer - Werkstadt Glos
Wheel Cleaner - Meguires Wheel Brite
Wheel Polish - Werkstadt Prime Strong
Wheel Wax - Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Tyres - Poorboys Bright and Bold
Interior - Poorboys Natural Dressing (seats and dash) also have a mini vacuum cleaner
Intensive cleaner (for tough stains, carpets and grease) - P21S (or R222 or whatever its called now)
Plastics and engine bits - Aerospace 303
Glass - Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision II

:thumbup1:

Totally agree with Ricky, but some struggle with Collinite 476S, so perhaps take a look at Collinite 845IW, which is the same product, but contains petrol to make it easier to apply and remove. It lasts just as long in my experience, but works out more expensive as you use more product.

Prep really is key though.

jaxx thanks for your reply mate that really has helped me out and have since ordered some stuff for my car.

p.s i have a liquid yellow clio 200, will hopefully look mint after being properly cleaned!

jaxx thanks for your reply mate that really has helped me out and have since ordered some stuff for my car.

p.s i have a liquid yellow clio 200, will hopefully look mint after being properly cleaned!

No worries :thumbup1:

I recommend you send an email off to Polished Bliss and tell them what you have and what you want as a finish, they will generally get back to you in a couple of days with a personal recommendation :thumbup1: