What do you all think of this racing blue 197

I think it's ok personally. It all depends on whether you are happy with the price and the car.

I recently picked up an UR R27 for a silly low price (not reveling how much, but it was cheep like the budgie!), BUT it's going to be due the belts later this year, it was due a service and could do with the wheels refurbing (all part of the reason for it being cheap, and me bartering because of it!).

The guy selling was off to Australia 2 days after I bought it, so needed rid quickly. Cheap, good ones do come up now and again, but as I said if you're happy - we're happy!

Yeah nimbus was my first choice, I think I'm gonna pass on this car too, a white car is what the mrs wants now. Only problem is white 197s are usually cup spec

In my search for the right car I've found this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=180895003365&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=35503424557

I've worked out a deal to include a service and cam belt change, so my only problems are worn steering wheel and a slight scratch on the bumper, unless you think of anything else?

What do you lot make of it?

I wish buyin a car was a science, we would always buy the perfect car. I've bought from dealers and the car was crap, bought high mileage cars that drove for ever and low mileage that broke down when I drove them round the corner.
Do your homework and the common sense checks and then go with your feelings and instincts.....bit of heart and a bit of head!!!! lol

Totally agree with Litchy, nothing is exact when it comes to cars, I bought a 1995 N reg rover 218 diesel from side of road, £300. Ran it for a hassle free 12 months did 20k never serviced it and sold it for £400. Got a year old Jeep from a main dealer and a year later it had lost over half what I paid! Turned out dealer car was an ex write-off that got repaired by them and never put on the hpi register. So take nothing as what is written, look at condition and take time. The right one will come along and you will know it :smile: