What parts are needed to convert from key to keyless?

I hate the driving position without the reach adjustable steering. It kills my back and makes driving harder. My car is from Germany and does not have the keyless adjustable column.

Ideally I wuld take the adustable top part of the steering column and use it with the existing lower part and motor. It must be possible to separate the shaft where the extension takes place or before the motor? I would loose the electrical column lock though, which is not great.

What are the minimal parts needed to convert to keyless? Column, card reader and centre console face plate? I don't mind using the keyfob to unlock the car, so I would ditch the door handle sensors if possible.

1. If I get a steering column with ECU from a keyless car is the ignition control and column lock controlled from the column ecu or from a different computer?
2. Are the wiring looms in place to install the card reader and starter button?

Thoughts?

PS getting an aftermarket steering wheel is illegal over here unless you disable all airbags and go through a shedload of applications and inspections. It is not really an option :smile: