Wheel Nuts

Where is the best place to get a set of replacement wheel nuts that do not rust. The ones I have on the 197 I bought are rusted to pieces and look rubbish.

Same with mine, I've seen a few on eBay but some come with the floating collars and others don't. So not sure which ones are the right ones. Some state they are only for after market wheels and not suitable for standard while others it doesn't really differentiate.

Reactions: Dystant
I got an extended set off Ktec with my spacers then just put on black bolt covers.

You could just hide the corrosion with the covers as an easy fix

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have these on mine and was actually looking for the right size to confirm but you've beaten me to it!
Yes, I think it's M14 x 1.5 28mm. My set were £40 but came with 4 locking bolts also.

I have these on mine and was actually looking for the right size to confirm but you've beaten me to it!
Yes, I think it's M14 x 1.5 28mm. My set were £40 but came with 4 locking bolts also.
iirc its 19 spanner,m14x 1.5, 26mm thread length

19mm spanner 100% sure.

Checked abit on the net seems like the specs i said its the correct ,how ever maybe the replacement arent 100% identical but i guess still fit

Last edited:
I just got some matte black plastic covers off eBay for £10, cheaper than replacing bolts and look pretty decent.

Yeah I went for the covers off eBay too. It's a 'bodge' fix for the rust, but it's an easy and cheaper option if you're after a simple solution.

Reactions: Dystant
Could always take them off, mask up the threads and give the tops of them a coat of hammerite or spray paint...

Won't the paint just flake off after the bolts are removed/screwed in a few times?

Well the part that is in contact with the ratchet yes will get damaged but the face which you can see, unless your clumsy should remain unscathed. Not that I've ever tried it as I had tpi bolts on my 197 and I've got some to put on this car.

I personally wouldnt paint a wheel-bolt. Thats going to look even more of a bodge ( @ Jimmy :smile: ) than the wheel-nut covers imo !

BUT- with Titanium nuts or Anodised aluminium nuts on motorbikes that i havn't wanted to mark when doing them up - i've either jammed some tissue or a bin-bag etc between the nut and the socket head then done up in one smooth motion keeping pressure applied (As opposed to not having multiple small 'pulls' in order to tighten.). Always worked well.

But just dont paint your nuts and none of this will matter....... :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Dystant
I personally wouldnt paint a wheel-bolt. Thats going to look even more of a bodge ( @ Jimmy :smile: ) than the wheel-nut covers imo !

:smiley: you make it sound like it's a right Blue Peter job using nut covers :smiley: :wink:

My problem was that the replacement bolts available at the time were a naff colour match to the anthracite wheels, hence the covers that were much more appealing - cosmetically at least! :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions