where can I get a 64mm ported throttle body ...

You can buy a standard one and willis on here will be able to point you in the direction of the fella that modifys them. 172/182 throttle bodies are also the same.

Ah right, is it not a case of driving around for a bit til the ecu decides it's right? I've had it remapped by RS tuning with my exhaust if that will help?

Bonjour!!!

Easy job to swap over as said, four bolts and one sensor that just plugs in. A lad called Gav did a load for us last year and they do crop up on here from time to time, I think there's about 25 in circulation. Of those, 3 are actually 63mm instead of 64mm and in my opinion (having tried both), the 63mm is the better option as it seems to settle quicker and doesn't lose any of the benefits of the 64mm version. In terms of it being plug and play, well, it is to an extent. But you have to give the car time to learn and the best way to do that is leaving her to idle after fitting (do not prod the pedal) and giving her ten minutes to try and settle down (will idle quite high on first start). If you then turn her off for a short while and repeat the process then it's possible to get the idle to settle within an hour or so. I've done this on two 64mm TB's and one 63mm TB so I know this technique works. However some cars do seem to take a bit longer than others to settle for whatever reason, I can't comment on what others have done after fitting them so it's hard to say how yours will react as it depends what you do after fitting...

Spoke to him this week, Was gonna post this up but may aswell put it here!

Dear wozzzer2000,

yes please do thanks. Ok Warren hear from you next week. Gav

- sneakapeak99
Reply in your email program or through My Messages
s.gif
btnRespondNow.gif

To: sneakapeak99
Subject: Re: Other: wozzzer2000 sent a message about clio 197 182 172 enlarged throttle body 64mm #390624171886
Sent Date: 19-Jul-13 09:54:29 BST

Dear sneakapeak99,

Morning,
Thanks for the response, I will be ordering one when I get paid mid next week!
Have you got any objections to me posting this on Clio197.net in case anybody else would like to do the same? There have been a lot of owners register recently who may also be interested.
Thanks
Warren

- wozzzer2000

To: wozzzer2000
Subject: Re: Other: wozzzer2000 sent a message about clio 197 182 172 enlarged throttle body 64mm #390624171886
Sent Date: 19-Jul-13 08:00:41 BST

Dear wozzzer2000,

yes part exchange welcome. if you send me your standard unit once fitted the 64mm throttle body i will refund you back £30 for yours. Gav

- sneakapeak99

Last edited: