Where were you born?

Born in Leeds and never moved. Everything you could possibly ever need/want is in Yorkshire :smiley:

Apart from a decent cup of tea!

Born in aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, then moved to suffolk, then derbyshire, then back to suffolk, near ipswich.

does this applies to the shopping trolleys or engine powered machines?? :sweatsmile:
:smile: Everything mate. Mostly mopeds though. Even cars had to be a max size. Back in 1984 a BMW 3 series was too wide. One came in but they had to cut away some of the arches for it to be legal. That has all changed though now I believe...

Sounds like you might of got burnt on the old course lol

Not at all, and nothing to do with golf as such.....

I meant i "think" id like to live in the town. But aren't sure a few days trip; living out of a Hotel gives a fair reflection.

Misinterpreted that mate. Pardon

Can we have a forum golf day next year please?

Not for money though! (unless your my partner)!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Misinterpreted that mate. Pardon

Can we have a forum golf day next year please?

Not for money though! (unless your my partner)!

I've only played the old (Maybe 7 or 8 times ?) on a nice day. I've not ever seen rain on it when playing, or even a wind that was really testing to any degree. Hardly a fair test of the place on a day like that. So as much as i truly LOVE the place, my idea of its difficulty and my average score compared to par might not be a true reflection of its difficulty.

St Andrews as a golfer - is of course a somewhat mythical place though......

I've never been nervous on the first tee. But its a feeling i dont normally get. Its just like its the place to be as a golfer. You've arrived, your home, this is what its all about etc etc

Forum Golf day sounds a really great idea Ben. Get organising :good:

Reactions: Gordini
I've only played the old (Maybe 7 or 8 times ?) on a nice day. I've not ever seen rain on it when playing, or even a wind that was really testing to any degree. Hardly a fair test of the place on a day like that. So as much as i truly LOVE the place, my idea of its difficulty and my average score compared to par might not be a true reflection of its difficulty.

St Andrews as a golfer - is of course a somewhat mythical place though......

I've never been nervous on the first tee. But its a feeling i dont normally get. Its just like its the place to be as a golfer. You've arrived, your home, this is what its all about etc etc

Forum Golf day sounds a really great idea Ben. Get organising :good:

Great thing about the Old Course is that the locals know it's not the best course in St Andrews. So while the visitors are all queueing to play the Old, we're all playing the Eden or the New. And we get all courses for £205 per year!