Which petrol do you use?

Always use Tesco 99, I remember reading somewhere that it is the best of all Super Unleadeds?!?!!?!??! Made by Shell too :smile:

One of the mags (Evo or Banzai) did some comparison test on a dyno using an Impreza STi last summer.

Shell V-Power gave the highest figures with Tesco 99 second and if I remember rightly, Morrisons third!!!

Normal tesco petrol contains about 5% bio-ethanol, not sure if the premium petrol contains any of this aswell but its not idea for running through your car!

http://www.tesco.com/Momentum99/productBenefits-specs.asp

I don't get all that stuff on there, but maybe you will?! LOL!

I'm no chemist lol, A lecturer who used to teach me combustion works with a couple of the big fuel suppliers (shell mostly) on fuel design. He said he'd never put tesco fuel in his car due to what it contains but i'm not sure if he was talking about the basic fuel or premium too.

Also, when I used to work tills at bp a few years ago a tesco tanker driver came in to fill up, made the joke that he was filling up at the wrong place! He said tesco never use their own fuel in their lorries, the diesel causes problems with the fuel pumps and petrol also causes some problems but I can't remember what.

I put the momentum in mine sometimes but never the normal one from tesco.

I use Momentum, but the Tesco in Dudley which is the nearest one, has just closed. It is being knocked down and rebuilt as a double decker bad boy, with a much bigger area it is being built on.

So I had to put V-Power in at Sedgley, which is annoying because the car runs better on Momentum and it costs a lot less. I think the next Tesco fuel station is a 20 miles round trip to Birmingham and back, so it defeats the point going there. The cheaper Shell station is still closed for refurb too, so I am restricted to where I can get fuel locally.

I refuse to put BP or any other super from any other fuel station, as for the same price more or less, you are getting 2 octane ratings less! Lol!
Theres a tesco garage closer than dudley, top of milking bank.

i'd never use supermarket fuel...
as someone has said, you don't know if it's just their normal 95 that's crap or crap throughout the range...