Who can drift?

E

Ed...

I'm having real trouble drifting on need for speed shift.

There must be something I'm doing wrong? Any particular technique to find the right entry point? Speed? Angle of steer?

Really bugging me cus I just can't do it.

I've tried in a 370z and a BMW m3 e92 both with circa 500 hp n rear wheel drive

Lots of handbrake into the corner way before the normal turn in point, control the slide with the throttle.

Never done it in NFS but spent alot of time in sims drifting.

Oh and though not technically drifting it's possible to do something resembling it in fwd cars :tongueout: (and it doesn't involve trays <_< )

I'm loading my copy of the game to see what it's like, it's nothing like a sim so hard to say.....

Just can't seem to catch the slide in time so I might be going too fast

This just reminded of why I didn't play Shift much :smiley:

I tried doing what I would do in a sim and that didn't work, it seems to help pulsing the throttle alot. Only using a tiny it of handbrake on entry.

In terms of entry speed you need to be going slower than you would if you were racing normally, if you spin out might be using too much throttle.

Very good only problem is the logitech g25 doesn't self castor back. He only showed power over what about e-brake n clutch popping!

I used to be really really good at drifting on need for speed carbon. Car choice is vital, I found the best car was a tuned up plymoth hemi cuda.

Hard to put it into words but I would guess entry speed is a bit slower than you normally would. Try turning in whilst still braking as this will make the back end go light, if you oversteer too much accelerate, if you run wide just keep turning and don't brake. Braking will stop the drift.

You could try the 'Scandinavian flick' to try and start the slide if you're not having much luck.

Nah no LSD settings mate. I think u can on some but I wudnt know where to start.