Why I hate cliosport.net...

Just taken a look at cliosport.net looking for some parts for my brothers 172 ph2 and what can I say...

Looks like a majority of the users on the site are angry keyboard warriors!
here is an example of what I am taking about...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?677421-Turbo-supercharge-clio-quick-as

There are people with turbo 172/182's arguing about if an Evo would be quicker and this is just the first thread I have read!

I love reading the Clio197/200.net forum as everybody is helpful to each other and nobody flames another person down for not being as technically minded. This has helped me greatly in my passion for my car by doing things/fixing things that I would never of done previously!

I know we have some great mods on this forum and I just hope with the price of early 197's this forum does not start attracting different kinds of users.

Rant over

Last edited:
I was reading that thread last night and I felt sorry for the chap saying the EVO was a better car and he's getting flamed for it, saw that thread and thought I'm not going on this site again :smile:

I was reading that thread last night and I felt sorry for the chap saying the EVO was a better car and he's getting flamed for it, saw that thread and thought I'm not going on this site again :smile:

Haha but what would you expect when you are on a clio forum which has a notoriously bad community lol

Unless you are in the "Clique" on CS.net (Much like the Renaultsport Forums) you just get snash.

CS is the worst when you consider most of the "Clique" no longer own Clios and are better than the people that do own Clios.

The RS forums are a different story. Theres some serious RUK brown nosing goes on over there. Its cringe worthy at times how grown men can lower themselves to those levels.

CS has it's moments. It's great for local meets in my area, but there are plenty of members who feel that they must argue their opinion because it is right and everybody else is wrong.

Shame really.

Unless you are in the "Clique" on CS.net (Much like the Renaultsport Forums) you just get snash.

CS is the worst when you consider most of the "Clique" no longer own Clios and are better than the people that do own Clios.

The RS forums are a different story. Theres some serious RUK brown nosing goes on over there. Its cringe worthy at times how grown men can lower themselves to those levels.

The RS forum is comical, any deviation from standard car is very much frowned upon.. "how dare you put non Renault air in your tyres, Renaultsport engineers are gods and must be obeyed... WTF, you removed the elf sticker from your rear window, shame on you!!!"

I got flamed and abuse on CS for asking if there was a way of getting the indicator to flash 3 times with a single tap, motorway lane change feature I believe its called. Personally I thought it was a simple enough question as I've had that feature on a good few cars going back well over 10 years but it seemed I had some how personally insulted several people's mothers. I've not posted on CS since and rarely even visit the site. Much nicer folk on here.

Is still go on and keep my Project thread updated. Also, theres some awesome builds on there to.

I've seen the same on plenty of forums! It makes me laugh sometimes how worked up people can get over such trivial stuff!
It's bad to say but I find it tends to be on forums where the cars have fallen into the bracket where young scotes can afford them.

Who wants to have a competition? Post the most basic question you can think of and see how much of a flaming you can get? Biggest flaming wins.
I know it's technically being a troll but it will no doubt be amusing to see keyboard warriors getting wound up?
Then post the thread link back here.

I've seen the same on plenty of forums! It makes me laugh sometimes how worked up people can get over such trivial stuff!
It's bad to say but I find it tends to be on forums where the cars have fallen into the bracket where young scotes can afford them.

Who wants to have a competition? Post the most basic question you can think of and see how much of a flaming you can get? Biggest flaming wins.
I know it's technically being a troll but it will no doubt be amusing to see keyboard warriors getting wound up?
Then post the thread link back here.

We have an agreement not to slag one another off openly (Technically this thread should be closed but so far its remained civilised and not turned too much into a slagging match).

So yeah, lets not do the above suggestion. :thumbup1:

Cant name and shame folk. It would be wrong. But it is definitely boke worthy.

That will be me then
:bye2:

Only one who gets my goat on there is 172RS but then again he gets 99% of people goats so its not just me.

The thing that annoys me most about CS is that it could be sooo good. The cars they cater for (Clio - Sports) are brilliant machines, they have a well laid out and maintained website, and a HUGE amount of members/traffic (most of who from my experience are nice guys). Add in to that there is generally a very good sense of humour on there (probably better than any other car based forum), and a lot of local meets.

The problem lies in the moderating IMO. Like has been said here a lot of the "established" members have moved on from their Clios and now look down on everyone else with a Clio and a lower post count. Making fun of the new guys and starting huge unnecessary keyboard wars seem to be there for the entertainment of the Mods/respected members.

There seems to be very little attempt to keep things civil and friendly, they rely on their numbers to keep the forum going regardless of the fact they regularly treat members like sh*t.

Noddie, do you think its the fact that people like Jeremy frequent the forum which leads to the way it is? I dont think people would be as they are if Renault anonymously trauled the forums. They see him as a "friend" thus making the Renault name the almighty god.

Id never ever post that i have a set of KWs waiting to go on lol i think Renault would disown me (even more so)

With regards to cliosport, they are a weird bunch of folk. When i first got the clio, signed up, uploaded pictures, got flamed. I think it was because i didnt have a 1*2 with sticker bombed front wing, blue led sidelights, luminous wheels and it was standard height....but i dont know.

Now they love it, but my number plate was labelled immature?

Is it a jealousy thing? Being able to afford a 200 when anybody can attain a 172/182 now?

We had the same thing on the 106owners club and other peugeot gti forums. Made our own and it has many users, all of which personally know eachother through other clubs etc. And its just a nice place to be. And the banter, because everyone knows everyone, is epic.

The thing that annoys me most about CS is that it could be sooo good. The cars they cater for (Clio - Sports) are brilliant machines, they have a well laid out and maintained website, and a HUGE amount of members/traffic (most of who from my experience are nice guys). Add in to that there is generally a very good sense of humour on there (probably better than any other car based forum), and a lot of local meets.

The problem lies in the moderating IMO. Like has been said here a lot of the "established" members have moved on from their Clios and now look down on everyone else with a Clio and a lower post count. Making fun of the new guys and starting huge unnecessary keyboard wars seem to be there for the entertainment of the Mods/respected members.

There seems to be very little attempt to keep things civil and friendly, they rely on their numbers to keep the forum going regardless of the fact they regularly treat members like sh*t.

Nail on the head bout cs, the moderating, shame back in the day it use to be a cracking forum

That will be me then
:bye2:

Only one who gets my goat on there is 172RS but then again he gets 99% of people goats so its not just me.

Just to point out that all forum names appearing in these posts are purely for illustration purposes only. Any resemblance to Clio197.net persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.