Worst day of my life

Roy

clio197.net legend
A lot of you know what I've been through the the last 2 yrs well today I had to go for a medical today and the outcome was the left leg is dying slowly and I will never get the use back it's also effecting my left foot too now and I'm losing the feeling in it.To say I'm gutted is an understatement.serious lot of thinking to be done over the coming days and weeks to come about my future

Holy moly Roy!!! Feel for you mate I really do, can always jump in my 197 when we have meets :smile: keep ya chin up fella.

Ah no, terrible news Roy. It's easy to say from here, but keep your head up mate. :smile:

No way, that's terrible new Roy. So sorry to hear that. I really hope they've got it wrong.

Shocking news Roy. I lnow it's just words on here, but I really do wish you all the best mate, and I'm sure the rest of the forum does too.

Keep your head up though mate, there's always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dark it seems.

Rob :smile:

I have absolutely no idea what you must be thinking at the moment, I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is for you!

:hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear that too Roy, seriously hope they can do something for you. I would echo Robbo's thoughts and say that whatever happens could always be turned around as a positive.

I can totally appreciate how your feeling and what your thinking. 11 years ago and on her 17 birthday my wife, Caroline, was diagnosed with an osteosarcoma (bone tumour).

They told her that not only did she need to start Chemotherapy but also some of the bone and her knee had to be removed and replaced with a Titainium femoral replacement and an artifical knee, but at worst they may have to remove her leg altogether. After a long hard battle she beat it and came through the other side a much stronger person with an unbeatable inspirational attitude on life.

11 years later she is cancer free but still in constant daily pain which is getting worse, she knows the day will come when her consultant will tell her that she has to have the leg off. As she always says when that day comes, she will learn how to run, do a skydive, join me on the high board and dive off and just basically do all the things that she can't and is not allowed to do.

Guess what im trying to say mate is that however bad some news or situation can be you can beat it and turn it around to make it work for you. You've got the support of you family and the support of many many people from here, some like me that you haven't even met face to face.

Keep the faith eh old boy. :thumbup:

A very,very big thank you guys for your kind words of support
It has come as a massive shock to find out that it has got this bad.The CRPS has now spread into the muscles in my left foot and left eye which is a big worry but after I hear things like what happens to people like Fernadez better half it makes you realise how much better of I really am.i know in the future I will lose all use of my left leg so now it's time to start to look after the right one so I don't end up in wheel chair as I can't be doing that.
Fernandez tell your better half she's amazing and hope all goes well
And again thanks for kind messages it does really help that's why I love this forum
Cheers

Roy

Roy - I've only just seen this - I'd like to add my thoughts to those that the others have posted here. If we can do anything for you, please ask.

Jesus Roy! I'm shocked I hope things get better for you or you can at least continue to use the leg until things get worse.

Sorry to hear that chap. Truly gutting :worried:

really sorry to hear that mate i feel for u. But on a lighter note i think we should get u booked into to K-tec for a service i rekon theyll fix u right up mate

Similar Thread Suggestions