£1300 to spend, Opinions needed!

Phoned kw today and they don't do clubsport :worried: so looks like I will be going for v3s too as I am unsure about reliability of ast now :worried: may still use their top mounts and get some camber shims for the rear then spend the extra on ap discs maybe

AP discs? buy the k-tec two piece instead. Identical setups but save yourself £100!

KWs should be arriving today, k-tec have been lazy posting em and had to chase em up, hopefully fitted for tomorrow evening.

Nice :001_tt1: will buy the V1 probably next year for my Clipo :001_tongue:

Could you post the wheel aligement "data" when you do it?

I presume you adjust the ride height by turning the purple thing that compresses the spring. But how do you adjust the damping?
(where the rear springs?)

I presume you adjust the ride height by turning the purple thing that compresses the spring. But how do you adjust the damping?
(where the rear springs?)

Rear springs are out of picture, but i did get em.

Bump is adjusted at top of strut with allen key and rebound is adjusted at bottom of spring with allen key.

very nice, you'll have to learn new higher limits now when your pushing on :wink:

there should be alot of cocking a rear wheel wheel action with them aswell

Lol i've always found a little tripod exciting.

Bump is how hard the damper compresses, and rebound is how quickly it extends back to normal position.

Wheel alignment data??? sorry bud, they're being professionally setup so wouldnt know!

I meant something like this but I couldn't remember the correct english word for it - sorry :crying:

Phaeton_Wheel_Alignment.jpg

I thought as you went so far and picked the V3 + setup and so on....you would give the same amount of attention to the camber, caster, toe in, toe out...cause you can improve the cars handling by that to :001_cool:

And as I'm gonna probably mount the V1s on my Clio next year I thought you could post the "settings" if any of the mechanics here didn't have the required data.

Funny that they don't give so much attention to this :blink: anyway if you can't get it then don't bother :wink:

Got the car back. Havent really tested em out yet cos i had the old shocks rolling around in the boot.

But inital opinion is... Well its certainly not any stiffer, or softer. Difficult to notice any difference, although the car feels more of a solid platform when chucking it in, would be very easy to tripod with these on! It also rocks front to back abit more over the bumps.

Will fully test em out later on the twisties and report back :wink:

Camber is only adjustable with different top mounts. You can't alter camber with the v3s. Any pics of ride height. What bump and rebound settings have they used and would you be able to post up the numbers off the springs so I can see rating

Camber is only adjustable with different top mounts. You can't alter camber with the v3s. Any pics of ride height. What bump and rebound settings have they used and would you be able to post up the numbers off the springs so I can see rating

It's probably the same with the V1? While this is in your mind :001_tongue: do you have to do the "wheel geometry alignment" everytime you lower/raise the car?

Yes u do have to adjust alignment everytime you lower/raise car.

Vehicle is much lower but its not decked, setup for optimal handling ( no bottoming out )

Car is set at std setting atm, will have a play with em later.

Cool. If you can get any info off the springs that would be great.

Ps I didn't think you would need to change alignment when raising car etc as struts aren't removed? Could be wrong

I'll check spring rates later on this week when i dig the paperwork back out mate.
I think off the top of my head they were 200pounds.

Took the car for a beast of a run yesterday to test the coilovers out. Cannot fault this setup at all, the car felt abit more stable on the limit, definately kept the rear end in check more under harsh braking, but most noticably is how much nimbler it changes direction and turns in.

Still running standard bump/rebound, will have a play with the settings next week, still abit soft for my liking!