197/200 In Motorsport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine from the information > inlet, diaphram and breather = a breather control valve that works with vacuum shutting off the supply when the engines on load?

well i managed to unclip the cap off and the inlet from the side and the outlet in the centre are on the same side of the diaphram, so i cant see hows its suppose to work.

How much weight can be shed from the road 200 to try to bring it inline with the race cars?
And have you done it/weighed what you removed?

well i managed to unclip the cap off and the inlet from the side and the outlet in the centre are on the same side of the diaphram, so i cant see hows its suppose to work.

It just acts as a restrictor so with high inlet manifold vacuum it's not scavenging from the crankcase at an excessive rate.

How much weight can be shed from the road 200 to try to bring it inline with the race cars?
And have you done it/weighed what you removed?

200 road car into race car with decent cage, EPAS, manual box and stock fuel tank we got down to 1030KG. We have got X85 race cars below 1000KG.

It all depends on how far you want to go, composite panels, subframes, polycarb windows etc. all reduce weight in a big way beyond the basic strip and underseal removal jobs.

HI hope you don't mind me emailing, I am looking for any ideas on loosing some weight from my clio 197.
I did a meeting at mallory a few weeks back and weighed 1300kg, the 172/182 were around 900kg and also more bhp so I was very un competive.
any help would be great, it was a road car which I have brought and fitted to it the michelin Clio cup kit from monster sport europe and the safety device roll cage from mark fish and was going to race in the michelin clio series but they only have 4 road car competing so looked for other series.
i am thinking of changing windows, have you done this? How much did it save weight wise and where best to buy/ prices?
as said any help would be great.
thanks in advance
Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.