197 insurance - losing the will!

Being old is Awesome :smiley:

I'm 33, 1 years NCB and Bn15 postcode ( a bit iffy) and pay ~£600 per year fully comp with )300 excess.

Try this link to check your postcode rating. It can be quite enlightening!

From reading the comments on here I think you guys are probably right! To be honest I was pleasantly surprised when the renewal came through, having paid £350 additional in November to change from my highly modded 306 hdi to the 197 for the rest of the year of insurance (pretty sure I paid about a grand in the first place for the 306 insurance).

I was just surprised that the renewal was the best quote i could get, and reading the amount others were paying I thought I could maybe get it for less (and free up some money for a new exhaust :tongueout: ).

The good thing about Brentacre is no fee for adding mods!

Being old is Awesome

I'm 33, 1 years NCB and Bn15 postcode ( a bit iffy) and pay ~£600 per year fully comp with )300 excess.

Try this link to check your postcode rating. It can be quite enlightening!

536 per year, 26, 15k per annum, 3 points, 5 years NCB, 1 claim, 250 excess fully comp

being old isn't that awesome :wink:

Wait till you hit 25 I had a big drop in mine when that happened. Was really pleased.

churchill multicar policy brings mine down to £529 i was 24 at the time with 6 years ncb , 10k a year and no points. ( including mom dad and sister as named drivers)

What makes me laff my head off.... my sister who is 28 been driving less than a year brought it down by £100 , My girl friend who is 24, has been driving 5 years and has no crashes or points puts it up by £130. Rather a joke tbh experience counts for feck all these day.

definitely check out elephant, but call them directly... usually hell of a lot cheaper than the compare sites..

They were the cheapest for me along with Bell by a longshot!

21 with 4 years NCB (protected) and no claims/accidents.., 10k per annum, £250 excess
2 additional drivers, both with 15+ years NCB
£660

Last edited:
I took out my policy (changed cars on existing from may 2013) when i was 24 in january, esure told me i was too young for the car then went away to seek authorization, They came back and managed to take me on for an extra £10 a month over my old Kia proceed. Compare sites bring up quotes over 1500 so might be worth actually calling around as my quote for esure on gocompare was about 1700.

glad im a bit older really. I am 34 years old and I pay exactly £401 for mine. With protected no claims and £200 excess. :smile: I do have 15 years no claims though :-/

Twingo rs, 24 years old, rubbish postcode for insurance, 5 years no claims protected, £320 with chris knott, 400 excess

Half price compared to last year with brentacre! Adrian flux offered 350 but Chris knott beat them

i was changing cars until I got this insurance so cheap

Surprised me look at everyone post up how much they pay.. me and [MENTION=4600]Stevoox[/MENTION] live a couple of miles from Croydon, not exactly the best of places and I cant imagine the postcodes get great renewals...

I'm 21 with 4 years NCB and pay £700ish on the 200T p/y and I know Steve's is a really good price too.

32 yrs old, 10 yrs no claims, £300 excess, full comp with business usage included and a grand total of £257 was paid to Admiral.

I do have to pay the Northern Ireland 'tax' though.

Last edited:
Sorry if this upsets anyone but mine is £155 fully comp but i am 43, 11 years ncb, and live in the sticks. I know how you feel though 20 years ago i got banned for wreckless driving on a motorbike and had to pay £1500 third party on a little pop pop.

440 for both the meg and Clio but I opted to better my cover etc.

Think I pay 550 multicar with aviva but I can't remember exactly.

Im 24, 3 years NCB and live in a Manchester postcode (one of the worst) and my renewals coming in at £740 with mods declared - May sound a lot to the older guys on here but to me that is a steal!

Is these quotes just for insurance, or is things like legal aid, breakdown etc included mine not up till October and looking at few diff insurers currently with Tesco,

Similar Thread Suggestions