197 insurance - losing the will!

Sky won't quote you? I was 23 with 2 years NCB when I bought mine and I insure with sky for £720 all mods included. 14k miles, legal cover, courtesy car etc. Strange?
if it's standard i'd try direct line, they've always been really cheap for me on standard cars.

Admiral added my ITG Maxogen for £20 P/A. I was, stupidly, not going to tell them; I'm glad I did.....not that I recommend Admiral.

Esure for me but I'm 28, 6 years ncb and a claim against myself in a company car. £460

Try messing about with where you park the car. its cheaper for me to say its parked on a public road than in the garage...no idea but it made it cheaper
Also it was cheaper when there was 4 cars at my house

I've got exactly the same circumstances as you in terms of age, car and NCB (although it sound's like I'm in a less risky postcode) and mine is £560 with Sky Insurance (brokers) Underwritten by Ageas. Fully Comp, Mods Declared (minor) Keith Michael, Greenlight and Adrian Flux (once I told them I was off to Sky) were all in the same ballpark. Key is to ignore the price comparison sites and hit the phones. Good Luck.

I've got 21 years no claims and my old clio 200 was £420 my new car went up to when I added my misses £620 .

Last edited:
i got my insurance with elephant last night, im 19 on a 197 doing 7k miles a year with my dad, mom and grandad as additional drivers (grandad being on it knocked loads off thats why hes on it) and im an apprentice (apparently this brings it down for some reason) and its costing me £1400

Mine cost me £300 with Admiral multicar, no claims protection, legal cover and business use with me missus on it. I'm 26 with 8 years no claims so may be worth trying an admiral policy seeing as my partner only has 2 years no claims on her own.

Just Renewed with Adrian Flux. 24 Years Old, 5 Years NCB. All Mods declared for £425. No one else got close to this.

Similar Thread Suggestions