197 mapped

Hey guys,

just had the 197 mapped at RS Tuning and all went great so thaught id post up the results. On the standard map with milltek and decat with ITG pannel filter it made 195.4 (strongest one he said hes seen). Then ater a little tinkering it Made 201 hp and around 165 FtLb. didnt think it would make any where near that :biggrin:

so pretty much a pointless post but was just so glad with the results and happy with the guys at RS Tuning had to post :smiley:

Thanks.

very good results, mine must of been well on power from the start becasue with all my mods it makes 189bhp and 151lbt, ive got a full milltek exhaust, itg panel filter, a tdf remap, and a modified throttle body, along with a decent cold feed to the airbox, whats wrong with mine lol

Wow! Thats excellent results! Wish mine would make such numbers. Any other mods besides the milltec and ITG panel filter?

no other mods yet ashe, yes its the one in leeds jason, well worth ago there good guys who kno their stuff. It was at fly dont kno what that is at wheels mate. Thanks for the replies guys.

Ive just had my 197 remapped at RS Tuning last week...amazing results...now im running on an extra 12bhp also an extremely smooth tuned gearbox

Ive just had my 197 remapped at RS Tuning last week...amazing results...now im running on an extra 12bhp also an extremely smooth tuned gearbox

What did you have done to the gearbox? What bhp did yours get?

i was getting worried for a minute that my engine mods had an adverse effect when ppl where coming out with these figures. 210 201 n all that. ive spent £2400 on my engine and its only 197 at the wheels lol poor i know i need to get it back on a dyno so i can see the fly power.

Hey guys,

just had the 197 mapped at RS Tuning and all went great so thaught id post up the results. On the standard map with milltek and decat with ITG pannel filter it made 195.4 (strongest one he said hes seen). Then ater a little tinkering it Made 201 hp and around 165 FtLb. didnt think it would make any where near that :biggrin:

so pretty much a pointless post but was just so glad with the results and happy with the guys at RS Tuning had to post :smiley:

Thanks.

Brilliant results mate !

i was getting worried for a minute that my engine mods had an adverse effect when ppl where coming out with these figures. 210 201 n all that. ive spent £2400 on my engine and its only 197 at the wheels lol poor i know i need to get it back on a dyno so i can see the fly power.

Going from my drivetrain power loss of 22% your 197 being 197bhp at the wheels is making 240bhp at the fly.

well we will see ill have it dyno'd before i sell . . .. . if i sell lol

Don't be worried - there can be differences in the dyno results depending on the temperature, air pressure, operator, and the dyno itself.

Take the watch, race logic, dynolicius, race chrono or something else and time your car and then compare. t would be ideal if you could time it in the same conditions.

I was told he took a few bits from the new Clio 200 gearbox (VVT) so my gear changes are alot quicker and smoother...

Before the remap the car was 186bhp which he though was rather good for a standard 197...down to my good ownership I think :cloud9:

End result ended up being an extra 12bhp...and im madly in love with how the car is now performing...:001_tt1::001_tt1:

I'm not sure I understand, how can he make mapping changes to a manual 'box? Or are we talking physical bits and bobs, like a short shift??

Does the ECU phase power out/in to make shifts seem smoother?