197 mileage thoughts

One of our works cars (Astra derv) was registered April '12 has 79k on it! On its third set of front shocks too among other things. Thing never really stops, though it's showing every one of its miles.

I got my 200 Aug 12 with 5k, it now got 16.5k on it. I personally feel that if it's been properly looked after then it should be fine.

These cars are odd in terms off mileage, there's none that are average mileage.

you either find one that's garage just for weekends with low mileage or one that's used for everything and has high mileage. I've recently started noticing this, there's no in between, it's all or nothing lol

These cars are odd in terms off mileage, there's none that are average mileage.

you either find one that's garage just for weekends with low mileage or one that's used for everything and has high mileage. I've recently started noticing this, there's no in between, it's all or nothing lol

Meh, i'd beg to differ. Mine isn't garaged and used every day - 56 plate, 59k miles - still running spot on. On the most part, as other people have rightfully said - as long as it's been looked after and serviced, should be fine. :smile:

Meh, i'd beg to differ. Mine isn't garaged and used every day - 56 plate, 59k miles - still running spot on. On the most part, as other people have rightfully said - as long as it's been looked after and serviced, should be fine. :smile:

id class your mileage as fairly low for the age though? 59K in 7 years, average is 12K a year I believe.

id expect yours to be up on 80-85K as an 'average'

im talking mileage, not condition

Last edited:
id class your mileage as fairly low for the age though? 59K in 7 years, average is 12K a year I believe.

id expect yours to be up on 75-80K as an 'average'

Yeah, I suppose your right actually. I guess it depends on length of peoples commutes etc, so still could be used everyday but if not long journeys then wouldn't affect mileage significantly.

You've made me feel like my motors a bit of a young 'un now! haha

worth fawking out extra £3k for 200?

Taking everything into consideration... depreciation, what you get as a car, etc.

Can't help but think they look much newer and will wear better next two years or so.

Yes. Clio FF With the cup pack will be a better car, Recaros are personal preference.