197 Rolling road results

flywheel power, wheel power is always an estimate its close to about 99.9999 percent but its an estimate flywheel power is a result of what the engine is actually producing.

My car has gone into renault to have some warranty work done this morning. So i mentioned that i'd had it rolling roaded and how low the power was. So they are going to run a diagnostics on it to see if anythings not working properly. I'll post the results when they tell me.

tell me you took the induction kit off, otherwise renault will just say its down to the non renault air filter.

Call me stupid but i thought induction kits were suppose to increase power?! Its says on my k&n box "removes the restriction of the standard airbox and gives you more power"?!

Call me stupid but i thought induction kits were suppose to increase power?! Its says on my k&n box "removes the restriction of the standard airbox and gives you more power"?!

I was under the impression that smaller engined cars (2.0 and under) lose performance with an induction kit, albeit just a small percentage.

Don't quote me on that though - I knoew jack all about engines, just paintwork!

it depends on lots of things really, and induction can increase power on small engine, it did on my 1.8 Corsa. But the 197's airbox is very close to the engine, plus theres no room under there so it sucks loads of hot air in

the only induction ive seen work on any 172 182 or 197 is the v6 airbox, never seen an induction kit ie BMC, viper make any performance on them, me having one myself on me old clio 172 and it make my car slower. makes you realise how good the standard airbox is.

I got my car back last night, I found exactly what the problem was as well. The cam de-phaser, for those that don't know its what makes the VVT work, had a spur of metal on it which was catching on the cam and stoping it from moving the Valve crossover period. This meant the VVT hasn't been working for god knows how long?

I also had it remapped by 1 of the mechanics down there i think he had a RS Tuner or similar, and boy has my car transformed now. Its exactly how i expected it to be. Had a couple of little test against friends (on my private runway) 1 mk focus RS, and an old Vtec civic. I gave the focus a bit of a shock kept with it to around 90 beans. and the civic is always behind now, where as before i was always trailing both.

I got a new passenger seat bottom as mine had started ripping, slight problem with it is that renault have changed the fabric of them and i already had a drivers 1 so i don't think i can swap the drivers for the new style.

Cheers mate. Yer i thort that was you, all my mates were loving your car. Also noticed you have a new exhaust, what is it?

had it on for a while now its a K-tec i was going to stop but wasnt compleatly sure it was you ! was out for another 1h 30mins driving the back roads after i passed you lol

I was washing it whilst being ridiculed by the others telling me i'd done a bad job. Well if your not up to much on Saturday and fancy a drive I'm going back to that rolling road to see the difference its made. Last time i checked there was about 4 or 5 cars coming down and we are gonna have a little rolling road day.

Similar Thread Suggestions