200 Exhaust

I've been searching around for a cat back (maintaining original cat) & see a lot of peoples oppinions regarding the best exhaust for the 200.... Naturally I see the Aky one rearing it's head a lot.

In short theres no way I'm paying Aky prices & I've had bad experiences with Milltek.

Any recommendations? I've been looking at the Yozza/JP system, TDF & Ktec's offerings..

Want something well made with a nice rasp & not to boomy. Love the sound of the Cup race cars for example!

Cheers

Adam

You can get a nice rasp by simply removing the centre silencer. You can have this done for about £50-80 and it's a 45 minute job.

Hello Adam, had mine done at fast road conversions and i was after exactly what you wanted when i was looking for my system...
Your not far from me, so could meet up if you wanted to hear it??

Cheers for the reply's!

Thing with cutting the mid section out is doesn't that result in the flat spot being more noticable??

Apparently it does...but then again ive got a smaller mid section fitted as it would have been deafening. But i have no flat spot.

Apparently it does...but then again ive got a smaller mid section fitted as it would have been deafening. But i have no flat spot.

I may well take you up on the offer of listening to yours fella, When you say smaller mid section what do you mean? the Diameter is smaller?

Is there a oxy sensor in that silencer do we know? what becomes of that?

I'll post a pic this evening when i'm home from work. The overall diameter is smaller, so less baffling...Not that im aware of and i work for a motorfactors and cant see any info that would lead to any sensor in that area. I believe the lambda sensors are further forward.

I'll post a pic this evening when i'm home from work. The overall diameter is smaller, so less baffling...Not that im aware of and i work for a motorfactors and cant see any info that would lead to any sensor in that area. I believe the lambda sensors are further forward.

Nice one, who do you work for mate, I'm in the trade as well...

You wouldn't have done as of yet, as im just a poor warehouse boy...but im moving up to sales soon :wink:

Im at the Ashford branch.
But if you do fancy a meet up or something, thats fine with me!

I have the Ktec CAT back and the sound is great.

Definitely noticed a couple of flat spots afterwards though.

I did fit the ITG (I think) panel filter so this could account for the flat spots.

I have the Ktec CAT back and the sound is great.

Definitely noticed a couple of flat spots afterwards though.

I did fit the ITG (I think) panel filter so this could account for the flat spots.

I don't see a panel filter element causing a flat spot to be honest mate.

I "May" get mine mapped anyway, so no biggy.