200T or Keep 200

Roblynn1977

"team imperial leather"
Right I have had my FF 200 with recaros for about 5 months, however I have just been offered a ex demo 200T for a very good price. 200T is non lux but has cup pack in black.

Opinions please guys

Depends on how good the price is I guess and how much you want the new clio. If it was the option to have a brand new car and not be that much off worse then personally I would do it.

Keep the 200, its better looking and more fun to drive. Then you can Meg it and it'll be a hell of a lot faster.

I've had mine 2 months now and put 1200 miles on it and it feels like it's getting quicker

I'm glad I made the swap. The torque is great

It's having its 1st trackday in standard form in Wednesday to set a benchmark for the mods to cone at the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong I lived my old 200 but the potential of the New turbo is certainly there

Depends on the deal you are being offered. Though if I were in your shoes I'd go for the new car.

It would cost me a extra £50 a month to swap which I would quickly make back in the petrol I save I do on average 1000 -1200 miles a month mostly on motorway.

Since my R26 was wrote off I have to admit I am missing the boost, but I do love the grip I get from the 200 when I get chance. Can't help feeling no matter what I do I will regret it.

Look at the spec of my old car....it was great and I do miss it

But when you look at the tuning capabilities of the New 200T is mental

KW have just released new kits

Supersprints exhaust will be here within a month

Forge are doing some development for the car too

All in all. I'm glad I made the change. As for grip, the 200t in standard form is still grippy as he'll with the sportmaxx 2 tyres

Said it before, 197/200 is great but so was the Williams, 172, 182 before it. If we are honest, it's not without its failings. I've drove a 200T and it represents a change of direction for Renault rather than evolution. I think you need to drive it on its own merit rather than compare to the 200. I'd have one but like the 200 before it, don't think they are worth the premium figures of 20k.

Last edited:
don't think anyone can persuade you but yourself on this one, this car has split opinions massively. Personally I wouldn't but every one has different expectations of what they want out of there car, especially if they only run the one. As said before test it, do some man maths and make a decision.

Well having slept on it I still haven't made my mind up, I did like the 200T I drove very quick.

Man maths on this the new car is £50 more a month however I should get 8-10 better mpg and with doing 1000 - 1200 a month the price difference will be very small.

I really am 50-50 on this one

save yourself some money and get a 250 cup! Bit of a used car bargain now and plenty out there plus they look much better than the new Clio. personally I would keep the 200 as it's a beast of a car when driven above 5k. But if you miss the R26 turbo then a 250 will be the best option! Sorry to add more options into your dilemma!

Not to mention the 4 years of servicing/warranty/road side assist that you don't have to fork out for....

Well having slept on it I still haven't made my mind up, I did like the 200T I drove very quick.

Man maths on this the new car is £50 more a month however I should get 8-10 better mpg and with doing 1000 - 1200 a month the price difference will be very small.

I really am 50-50 on this one

You could always buy my clio 305 and drive that till you make your mind up......lol

The running costs of the Meg compared on a run I get 48mpg and 31/34 around town and going on Ashton's he's mpg are better than the Meg and on the 200 30s around town and high 30s on run

Better to regret something you did do than to regret something you didn't do.......I would go for it as you can go back to a 200 later?

think he will be busy on the ruk website deleting all the things he said about not liking and wanting a car with the dual clutch...first :clap:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1