200T Performance Abilities?

Have you noticed any change to the exhuast note since installing the remap Telboy? I'm in two minds on whether to get an exhuast for mine, if I do it will probably be one that is not too loud but I really like the parp sound it makes on up shift with an exhaust installed.

Have you noticed any change to the exhuast note since installing the remap Telboy? I'm in two minds on whether to get an exhuast for mine, if I do it will probably be one that is not too loud but I really like the parp sound it makes on up shift with an exhaust installed.

To be honest, I think the parps have improved slightly with the remap and stock exhaust. I'd love to do the exhaust, however I use the car for work and not convinced turning up at meeting where I'm parping all the way around their car park would be welcomed by my customers :biggrin:, I'd like it though!

To be honest, I think the parps have improved slightly with the remap and stock exhaust. I'd love to do the exhaust, however I use the car for work and not convinced turning up at meeting where I'm parping all the way around their car park would be welcomed by my customers :biggrin:, I'd like it though!

Ha I've got a ktec with decat on mine and I take clients around in it. They love it!

Just come back from a test drive of a new clio 200 EDC (T). Took my gf along so she could tell me what it was like in the back as we was considering the T as it's bigger for the kids over the 200.
So, I took a new 200T in black with cup pack for a drive. First impressions were that even though you can't get Recarro's the standard cloth seats are very tight and figure hugging. The steering wheel is nice but I didn't like the controls for you mobile, they stuck out on the right like the were glued on. The salesman showed me the r-link, not impressed it was a toy and lagged behind my inputs, glad you don't have to pay for that. He gave me a run down on controls and off we took off in auto mode. It cruised well down the road and wasn't as fidgety as my 200 and seemed solid. On the up shifts it was silky smooth and almost undetectable as I got up to 34mph and had already hit 5th without me knowing much. Downshifts were equally as smooth but as you broke with a steady foot for the traffic lights there is a weird sensation as the car downshifts and u gain then loose engine breaking, but the brake feel and bite was fantastic. Driving around in auto mode was relaxing and easy and stress free if a little uninspiring.
Next the guy turned on sports mode and straight away the car hanged on to 3rd gear for a longer time finally allowing some exhaust and engine noise into the cabin. The car felt a lot more alive and I pressed the throttle pedal 4/5 into the Axminster. Whoosh off it set with some grunty noise and a few clicks on the right paddle and we was already up to 89mph and got my first warning from the salesman. Up to the roundabout and down a few gears which after a moments pause were forced through, if I asked for 1st before 1st could be selected the dash would light up with a number one for a moment then flick back to 2. I had got too keen with the down changes. A 180 at the next roundabout and off we set back the way we came, I was impressed with the sound. I thought that would be a lost and although it wasn't the same it was still a nice aggressive sound if a little false.
The gearbox, very good and smooth in auto mode. Pretty good in sport mode with all things considered, although if you have it in sport and auto mode it did have a time where I had selected 2nd for the roundabout and had entered only for it to decide time for 3rd as I was coming off the roundabout for it to change back to 2nd to exit. I think sport mode is best left to manual gear control.
We then pulled off to a quite road and he shows me launch control instructions follow as. Hold on the brake, pull both paddles and see the launch control message appear. He them tells me to just press the accelerator all the way with my brake foot (this doesn't sound right to me, but he knows best?!?) and off it goes, fast, smooth but not scintillating. I didn't hear any exhaust farts :worried: the speed was good with no wheel spin but I did think that given a good launch I could of gone faster in the 200.
He then admits he told me wrong so we find a new stretch of road to try launch control again. This time it's left foot on brake, pull both paddles, get message and then hold right foot on the throttle peddle. Now we get a rise in revs until it holds just under 3,000 rpm then the car starts to fart and pop as it holds the revs and boost. Then let go of the brake and there is a small explosion of power, at first you are thrust backwards with some force. It felt like I had been lightly punch in the centre of the chest as you feel the drive train start to perform, then all of a sudden traction is lost and there is wheel spin but suddenly traction is back and off she goes with a squeal from the gf. That was pretty savage in its initial bite and quite addictive.
We return to talk figures. He checks my car and gives it a perfect 10/10 and offers me a reasonable part exchange. I would like the lux model that starts off at 20k, but if I add the options I'd prefer (Liquid Yellow paint, cup pack, sports monitor) that will rise to 22k. A lot of money. I do like it and it is more practical. But it doesn't feel as special, and I am concerned about any special editions that is rather have.
But defiantly food for though is that I don't feel it will have quite the track prowess of the 200 but could be a very good hot hatch with maybe a few changes.
Thankx to anyone who read and enjoyed this mini review. Thoughts welcome.

[MENTION=26438]FaithlessEmo[/MENTION]

check the second hand market pal there are some real bargains about :clap:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1