225 engine

Lol... It would be the best thing you ever do to the car. Far from ruining the car the Meg engine improves it 100 fold. It's now the car Renault should have made in the first place.

best thing I've done to mine. so much nicer to drive now and actually quick rather than revving the nuts off it and it still not being all that quick

Best thing you could do! Love mine so much, don't think I will ever want to get rid off it!

Best thing you'll ever do I did mine myself my best advice would be to buy a whole meg and use all the parts and sell what you don't need shouldn't take longer than three days mines only running 225 at the min and it's amazing

I would just buy a car thats already done, you know who's done it, what problems there have been and whats been sorted and most of the time you get a whole build thread along with it so you have peace of mind

Been looking at this today myself it's bloody expensive at ktec looks like around the £6000 mark for drive in drive out, some turbo conversions out there I think, what would be the best route ? And if it's the meg conversion is it better to stick with the clio box or meg box as the gearing us different, with the f4rt does the engine still rev as high too ?

You can do it cheaper than 6k.

Opinion is split on the gearbox but it depends what you want. Using the clio box still retains some of the buzzy nature of the clio.

The rev limit was something that concerned me when I first went down this route . I thought I'd miss that rev hungry high rpm but in reality you don't and your only about 1,000 rpm down if that.

Engine-dynamics are currently developing a low comp turbo kit for the standard engine, I think that would be a good route be interesting to see the results they're estimating around 230 bhp and an increase in torque which is just what the clio needs I think. Is there much weight difference between the meg + clio engines ?

Only problem with chucking a turbo on the F4r is that without forging it you severely limited to what torque and power you can run. The Meg engine will happily run at 300bhp and 300lb torque.

The 225 lump is pretty much the same engine I believe, so weight isn't really much more, other than turbo and intercooler, that's the only real difference. I'm running the meg box with a quaife diff, so much fun!

Similar Thread Suggestions