197: 5 Year Service

08 Clio 197 (50k) - pricing getting the belts done - local renault dealer looking £494 all in. what all needs to be done in this process? and what sort of prices have people paid before?

water pump/coolant?

what does price include?

should be -

aux belt/tensioner
cambelt/tensioner/cam plugs etc
water pump/coolant

Genuine Renault / Gates parts?

Its a Renault dealer, so wouldn't be anything else surely?

I'd be asking for a full breakdown of what they are including, I suspect something will be missing perhaps.

As a main Dealer they have a Rapid Quote system that breaks down all the items, they may have quoted for Motrio parts? If unsure pm me with your reg and i'll confirm the work costs for you.

It would be stupid not to for the sake of £50 or so. If the pump were to fail at a later date the whole job would have to be done again.

Pumps are like £75 plus the coolant. Plus the labour they'll probably charge

Pumps are like £75 plus the coolant. Plus the labour they'll probably charge

And your point is? So for the sake of an extra £100 max you wouldn't have it done? £100 now of £600 if it happens to go in the next coupld of years? I know which i'd choose!

My point is to the op that if the water pump is costing in the region of £100+ to change, it's highly unlikely that his work includes it.

Put your handbags away Chris.

will phone them later again and get a full break down - in fact will probably call in and they can show me

Sounds to cheap but if its just purely the cambelt kit and not the accessory belt and other serviceable items then that will be why.

I priced up a full 5 year service today for my car and that came to over £400 for just the parts, that was with the cambelt kit, accessory belt kit, water pump, oil filter, washer, cabin filter, coolant so add another £40 for oil and then labour from a main dealer at £60 odd an hour you are probably looking closer to that £600 mark.

Sounds to cheap but if its just purely the cambelt kit and not the accessory belt and other serviceable items then that will be why.

I priced up a full 5 year service today for my car and that came to over £400 for just the parts, that was with the cambelt kit, accessory belt kit, water pump, oil filter, washer, cabin filter, coolant so add another £40 for oil and then labour from a main dealer at £60 odd an hour you are probably looking closer to that £600 mark.

I'm sure I paid about 250-300 for parts, but your right I think it's to cheap, main dealers have all been £600-1000 from what I've gathered off here.

My local renault aproved independant charged me Circa £550 using all genuine renault parts, inc. water pump and serviced my front brakes

My local renault aproved independant charged me Circa £550 using all genuine renault parts, inc. water pump and serviced my front brakes

Who was this Chettle? My belts are due in July. Thanks, Lewis.