Advice on detailing alloys 200 cup

Hi everyone need some help! Anyone have any recommendations and steps on how to detail the satin black (if that's what they are called) clio 200 cup alloys?? Really struggling I have all autoglym products but the alloy wheel treatments don't seem that great! Will just shampoo work?

Hey man! There are loads of products you can use to get your wheels looking awesome.

Wheel cleaner to help break down brake dust - ValetPro Bilberry is a popular choice

Fallout remover - Ironx - this will help remove any deposits on the wheels

Tar remover - Only one I've used is Auto Finesse ObliTARate which I found not bad.

Once you've done those three get a wheel wax or sealant. Again with sealants and waxes loads of choice, eg. Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Swissvax Autobahn, Autofinesse Mint Rims, Dr Beasleys Wheel seal the list goes on!

Edit: I'd imagine most use only a wheel cleaner and then wax/sealant

I don't like autoglym wheel cleaner personally, I've used Bilberry, which is very good. I've got AS smart wheels right now, which is good but quite aggressive.

Id recommend bilberry for you also, as above.

Satin is a bit of a pain, don't rub it too much to get the dirt off or you will make it gloss.

Thanks guys will check these products out! I know other people have said take the wheel off but I haven't got the tools to do so! The autoglym when I've ACCIDENTLY got it on the brake discs they look awful and then the alloys just look dirty! Gonna check these items out now, will let you guys know what I get. Thanks for your help

Youve not got the tools to take a wheel off?
Should have what you need under the boot liner.

Taking wheel off is not needed, I do it maybe once a year when i properly clean the wheels.

Gonna sound really stupid at this point but I don't trust myself to take it off never ever have I done it before :worried: I'm trying that bilberry looks good along with poorboys sealant

Poor boys sealant is ok, a bit annoying to apply.

To take the wheel off is easy. Just crack the bolts so there not tight, jack the car up, look under the car there's a jacking point, undo bolts rest of way, take them out and wheel will come right off.

Poor boys sealant is ok, a bit annoying to apply.

To take the wheel off is easy. Just crack the bolts so there not tight, jack the car up, look under the car there's a jacking point, undo bolts rest of way, take them out and wheel will come right off.

The 200 doesn't come with a jack, so he won't be able to do it.

The 200 doesn't come with a jack, so he won't be able to do it.

£20 halfords jack should do the trick if it hasn't been lowered. Best £20 I spent on tools. Then I got it lowered and needed a low entry one but even then got one for £50 with free axle stands.

Similar Thread Suggestions