Air con degassed!

I have recently purchased a 2011 FF RS200 with the standard climate control...

I had expressed concerns that the air con was very ineffective but I found out yesterday that it was wasn't working at all!! The system had lost all of the gas fill and the dealer I bought the car from has promised to refund the cost of a re-gas and leak test...

My car had only covered 1,300 miles when I purchased it earlier this month - is this normal and can I expect it to leak again...?

The 'Diamond of Doom' strikes again....

something more than just a re-gas if its lost all its gas so soon....

could be a holed condersor - a radiaitor in front of the engines coolant radiator

Hmmm....the system was checked out with a leak test! Surely that rules out failure of a component? There was literally NO gas in it when they first checked it! Is is possible that the system was NEVER filled?

Last edited:
Hmmm....the system was checked out with a leak test! Surely that rules out failure of a component? There was literally NO gas in it when they first checked it! Is is possible that the system was NEVER filled?

dont think so unless they are deaf dumb and blind on the pdi......

I have the same issue in that my air con isn't working (6 month old car) and need to take my car back to dealer for a check. let me know how you get on.

I've got air con on my cup, I think I've used it fewer than half a dozen times in 6 years, soooo ineffective I lost faith in the air con and only just remembered I had it after reading this thread!

I work for Renault, it is most prob your condensor lol.. A stone chip or something causing a slow leak.. When they leak test they are ment to put UV dye in so they can check for leaks.. I have done loads of them at work lol

Condensor

I work for Renault, it is most prob your condensor lol.. A stone chip or something causing a slow leak.. When they leak test they are ment to put UV dye in so they can check for leaks.. I have done loads of them at work lol

Oh yes been there got the t-shirt common fault with stones going through condensor its not warranty as its caused by a foreign body and is not a component failure.

Renault dealer £450 thank you and adios !!!!!!!

Oh yes been there got the t-shirt common fault with stones going through condensor its not warranty as its caused by a foreign body and is not a component failure.

Renault dealer £450 thank you and adios !!!!!!!

Yer i know, i hate that it aint warrenty, the 200 doesnt have much protection for it lol

I gave up with my air con on the 197 - it was regassed so many times, it was a joke, and even then, it wasn't really that cold.

Sit in the 182 for more than 5 mins with the air con on and you'll be a block of ice!

I got the system regassed and the supplying dealer is going to refund the cost (I only got the car 2 weeks ago!). The UV dye check did not reveal any leaks and I was told the system is OK...but time will tell. At least the air-con is actually cold now which is progress.....

I got the system regassed and the supplying dealer is going to refund the cost (I only got the car 2 weeks ago!). The UV dye check did not reveal any leaks and I was told the system is OK...but time will tell. At least the air-con is actually cold now which is progress.....

Yer its a start lol.. See how it goes.. I had a small stone chip in mine

I had the same problem with mine...I got mine brand new in january, and it wasnt working at all! The compressor wasnt turning on because the system had no gas what so ever. Then the dealer decided that they would re-gas and put the UV dye in (even tho this is against the law now which is why u have to be f-gassed trained to work with aircon) and palmed it back off to me and said they couldnt find anything!

Anyway i went straight into work the next day (i am a tech for Mercedes) checked with the UV light and find a hole in the top A/C pipe coming from the compressor in the heater box!

Ur best of buying a U/V torch and checking urself lol