Air Filter

I'm getting a remap next week and I realised I only have a bog standard panel filter installed. Will it matter much for the map or should I get a ramair filter or even an induction kit?

I'm getting a remap next week and I realised I only have a bog standard panel filter installed. Will it matter much for the map or should I get a ramair filter or even an induction kit?

Changing to a decent panel filter (**Ramair are re-usable, cheap and have a long-long history of motorcycle / motorsport use) will make little difference in terms of a remap IMO. But would ideally be best done pre-remap in an ideal World.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ramair-OE...305723&hash=item5b11ee4ced:g:G2QAAOSwA4dWMMwZ

Induction kit i would 100% fit before re-map; as that's a whole different kettle of fish IMO and needs a remap to fully benefit.....

Reactions: Greg0986
Changing to a decent panel filter (**Ramair are re-usable, cheap and have a long-long history of motorcycle / motorsport use) will make little difference in terms of a remap IMO. But would ideally be best done pre-remap in an ideal World.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ramair-OEM-Replacement-Panel-Foam-Air-Filter-for-Renault-Clio-mk3-RS-GT-197-200-/391142853869?fits=Model:Clio|Cars+Type:197&epid=1154305723&hash=item5b11ee4ced:g:G2QAAOSwA4dWMMwZ

Induction kit i would 100% fit before re-map; as that's a whole different kettle of fish IMO and needs a remap to fully benefit.....

Cheers Shuv. I think an induction kit would be out of my budget, so a decent panel filter would be my best bet. I just want to give it the best chances to reach the peak power.

Cheers Shuv. I think an induction kit would be out of my budget, so a decent panel filter would be my best bet. I just want to give it the best chances to reach the peak power.

The Ramair is often overlooked and people who buy a more fashionable brand: ITG,K+N,K-Tec etc. And they are all fantastic im sure.

Ramair filters in motorbikes has been a really well respected / used brand across all Motorsport disciplines for eons. Certainly 30 years that i can remember !

It has a quality construction, stainless mesh in the back [As per others], fits great and i think is briliant value for money. I've washed / cleaned mine a few times now with zero issues.

That link is direct from Ramair - and with a best offer - it can be had for literally 1/2 the price of others.......

Reactions: Roshi69
I had an itg panel filter on my 197 and it was decent. Not that I'm swaying you against ramair, just different brand experience!

In terms of map, hard to say as it varies with cars. Put it this way, I realise it's a different car altogether, but my car completely standard engine wise made more with a map than a car with exhaust and induction kit...

In terms of map, hard to say as it varies with cars. Put it this way, I realise it's a different car altogether, but my car completely standard engine wise made more with a map than a car with exhaust and induction kit...

Thats mass production Engineering aswell in my opinion. You just have "a good one" :smile:

Along with how it was run in, servicing, fuel used, wear and tear, mileage etc etc etc.

Too many parameters to make any direct comparisons.......

Thats mass production Engineering aswell in my opinion. You just have "a good one" :smile:

Along with how it was run in, servicing, fuel used, wear and tear, mileage etc etc etc.

Too many parameters to make any direct comparisons.......

Exactly - apparently mine was the strongest they have had.. luck of the draw I guess!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Exactly - apparently mine was the strongest they have had.. luck of the draw I guess!

Lucky boy you :smile:

I remember a "test" in performance bikes many years ago - to find the most powerful 600cc bike they could (This was before Turbocharging etc) and had a range of bikes with various exhausts, filters and other add-ons. Some old - some new.

What actually ended up being the most powerful was a Motorcycle couriers CBR600 with 130'000 miles on the clock.

Run in proper and thrashed to within an inch of its life. Daily !

Wow lol! What a find... just shows how a properly bed in engine performs.

Probably same with me, I've put 30k on it and I don't hang about :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
On the subject of air filters... this popped through the letterbox today [emoji6]

938edd18a0616fb9359f9e662e4726ed.jpg

Would be nice to have the car here first though!

Reactions: sevenfourate