Albi R27 452/500 (UPDATE - 19.02.2017 - The end)

its not that important...megane 250 has same disc for different sides so the slots are different side to side...

I wouldn't use copper slip on the disc face - only use it on the centre spigot - it can cause poor clamping of the wheel to hub face!

its not that important...megane 250 has same disc for different sides so the slots are different side to side...

I wouldn't use copper slip on the disc face - only use it on the centre spigot - it can cause poor clamping of the wheel to hub face!

Oh well changed over now, better safe than sorry.

As for the copper grease, it's something I've always done but the wheels have to come off again later in the week so I'll make a decision about it then.

lol even moving the car around the drive I've nearly put myself through the windscreen twice.
haha..sound about right..just wonder how much breaking power u 'd get if u went for the upgraded (bigger) discs..must be awesome really...maybe next time they are due...

Nice this

Did the decat make much difference?

I've decatted my previous 172/182's but never have with the 197

Nice this

Did the decat make much difference?

I've decatted my previous 172/182's but never have with the 197

To be honest its hard to tell because I did the decay and the induction kit so close together :s

Update 09.07.2014

With sending a bit more time on the car over the past couple of weeks I’ve decided to get a bit more anal with my cleaning, so I decided to focus a bit more on the door shuts.

602.jpg

603.jpg

604.jpg

605.jpg

606.jpg

607.jpg

608.jpg

609.jpg

610.jpg

611.jpg

612.jpg

613.jpg

614.jpg

Also I noticed a bit of polish had got trapped in against the edge of the kick plates.

615.jpg

So off it came.

616.jpg

And yes, I’ve been on eBay again lol.

First up is a footrest pedal, as I had purchased one of these for the 200, I felt why not do the same for the R27 (yes I know, better late than never).

617.jpg

Next up is some replacement brake pad pins as I managed to damage the ones currently in the car when changing the discs and pads. Hopefully get a chance to fit these toward the weekend.

618.jpg

619.jpg

I also got fed up with trying to line the wheels up, so I bumped into this wee tool and thought I’d treat myself.

620.jpg

Seeing as it was a pretty straightforward job I decided to fit the footrest pedal last night.

621.jpg

622.jpg

As always, comments are welcome.

John

Last edited:
Update 10.07.2014

So the OCD levels are continuing to soar, this time it was onto the pedal. Having put my new footrest in place it made me realize how dirty the pedals of the car were, and how they always seem to get over looked.

623.jpg

624.jpg

625.jpg

626.jpg

First off I decided to give the pedals a scrub with some soapy water and a stiff brush.

As you can see the difference straight away is great.

628.jpg

629.jpg

630.jpg

631.jpg

Next stage was to polish the pedals up a bit with some good old-fashioned Autosol. As you can see below I think it made a massive difference.

632.jpg

633.jpg

634.jpg

635.jpg

636.jpg

Now that I was happy with how the pedals were looking, the next stage of my OCD switched to the front grills.

637.jpg

638.jpg

639.jpg

With the grills now removed I thought I would let them soak in some soapy water to try and break down the dressing that had been applied to them over the years.

640.jpg

641.jpg

The soapy water didn’t seem to be having much effect, so my next idea was to apply some alcohol to them, and it seemed to help a bit.

642.jpg

My attention then turned to tidying up the front of the car, where the grills normally are. I simply did this with some warm water with some Wolfs White Satin Shampoo in it.

643.jpg

644.jpg

As good as new.

645.jpg

646.jpg

This is how the grills are currently sitting. I might treat them again with some alcohol and try to get rid of the last remains of the dressing.

647.jpg

648.jpg

Now that I have the grills at this level, I’m just wondering should I attempt painting them or just redress them and put them back in the car…

As always, any help and comments are welcome.

John
SaveSave

Last edited:
I'm crap at spraying but did mine with hycote bumper spray, come up like new just make sure they are really clean

Update 11.07.2014

The air freshener in the car was due to be changed and it just so happened that Auto Express were doing reviews on different products.

697.jpg

I haven’t been happy with the California Scents for quite some time now as I don’t think they last even half of the 60 days that they talk about so I decided to follow Auto Expresses review and go for the Refresh In Your Car Gel.

698.jpg

I’ll let you all know how it works out compared to the California Scents.

Now onto the more important part of the update.

My first act of the day was to get the grills ready to be painted black.

649.jpg

I had some Halfords Plastic Primer in a drawer from some previous painting I’d done many moons ago.

650.jpg

So I got stuck into painting the grills.

651.jpg

While I was waiting for the primer to dry I took a trip to my nearest Halfords store to get some matt black paint.

652.jpg

653.jpg

While I was there I also purchased some Ambersil Auto Groom. I’ll use this at a later date, and all will become clear as to why I bought it.

654.jpg

Oh and for those who are loving the high MPG figures I’ve been getting recently, try this one on for size lol.

655.jpg

Now that I was home and the primer was still drying on the grills I thought it would be the perfect time to change the brake pins over. SO I placed the car onto axel stands and set to work.

656.jpg

As you can see the calipers took a bit of a battering when trying to get the pins out when I was changing the pads.

657.jpg

658.jpg

Thankfully the pins came out a bit easier this time around.

659.jpg

660.jpg

661.jpg

It was now time to clean the calipers up so I could really access the damage.

662.jpg

663.jpg

664.jpg

665.jpg

666.jpg

667.jpg

With the damage accessed it was time to start the touching in, first the passenger side.

668.jpg

669.jpg

670.jpg

671.jpg

672.jpg

Then the driver side.

673.jpg

674.jpg

675.jpg

676.jpg

677.jpg

I’m sure you’ll agree their already looking a lot better.

Now that the primer had time to dry I had a quick look around for any blemishes or runs in the paint. Unfortunately I found a couple so I decided to lightly sand them down.

678.jpg

679.jpg

Last edited: