Anybody got a spare 31 grand?

If I had loads of money and already had a collection, I'd love one.

Would have to be Acid Yellow with black wheels though!

That car was silver originally they were never made in white . I came close to buying one in 2012 for £15.000 but was buying a house at the time so it fell through the thing that is most upsetting is the same car i was buying is up for sale now at £34.995 :cry:

That car was silver originally they were never made in white . I came close to buying one in 2012 for £15.000 but was buying a house at the time so it fell through the thing that is most upsetting is the same car i was buying is up for sale now at £34.995 :cry:

Would have been a good investment that's true, but so is buying a house mate, if you went back you'd probably make the same decision I bet :smile:

Reactions: mr freeze
Would have been a good investment that's true, but so is buying a house mate, if you went back you'd probably make the same decision I bet :smile:

Yeah for sure i think i made the rite decision :smile: . i'd still love to own a v6 one day but i think i've missed the boat on the pricing .

The paint change takes the originality away from this V6. If only we had a crystal ball to see what cars would double in money.

Acid yellow and lunar grey are the rarest colours of the clio v6 and command crazy money when they come on the market .

There's an Acid Yellow one sat ar Mark Fish's in some need of some love. It hurts seeing it.

As for you missing out... not like you're doing too badly mate.

The idea of buying and owning a retro car/s as a possible appreciating asset really appeals to me.

The issue is storage. I dont really have anywhere to store them easily and the cost of buying / renting could easily outweigh any profits on the horizon.

Lot to be said for owning a small bit of land with an old barn on at times like this !

Personally I'd prefer to buy a 'good' condition one, drive it and use it properly, keep it well maintained, then sell it for what I paid for it. Then move on to the next car and repeat.

Reactions: Jimmy
I used to have a Mk1 V6, said I'd never sell it but I did 4-5 years back so I could help fund my car racing BUT i wouldn't spend that much on one which wasn't original and had been painted, just my opinion

Personally I'd prefer to buy a 'good' condition one, drive it and use it properly, keep it well maintained, then sell it for what I paid for it. Then move on to the next car and repeat.

Yeah seems a waste to have it and never drive it, but then if you drive it and the mileage goes up it depreciates more.

It's a battle you can't win :excited: