Anyone know any email addresses??

Hi guys,
I have quite a long ongoing issue with my local dealer body shop, long story cut short, went into Bodyshop for usual tailgate corrosion issue back in may/June, when the car was returned 3 weeks later, the paint finish was awfull!! Even the warrenty guy who booked the job in agreed and was quite embarrassed about it.
basically, in the 6 months since then my car has had 5 'stays' at this Bodyshop, totaling 22 weeks!!!
Customer services talked me into letting them have one last try last month, they had the car 5 weeks and returned it asking if they could rebook it as they had not had a chance to get onto it!!
so, it has just been collected, 2 days later than agreed, to go in again, but I seem to be getting nowhere with customer services or the dealer with regards to some sort of compensation, these cars cost £250 a year to tax! Mine has been in their possession for 5 months of this year, not forgetting the 40 mile round trip to get there every time!
Hoping someone knows of an email contact of somebody at Renault whom will see this as serious as I do??
cheers

I would like the car as it should be, it is a bit embarrassing to be honest as I work at a main dealer myself and we really pride ourselves on our outstanding customer satisfaction and service, as well as quality, so I'm getting ribbed at work everytime I say it's going in again!!
but I would also feel that some sort of compensation is not out of order, purely for the inconvenience if nothing else? I did ask customer services if our Bodyshop could do the paintwork after it's 4th rectification visit, but unfortunatly this was not an option as the dealer was footing the bill as it was their poor workmanship.
To be honest, if it returns poor again I will probably send it up to our Bodyshop and just pay for it myself as I know it will be to a good standard, I really love the car, but this upsets me as I have hardly seen it since may/June, let alone got to enjoy it!!

Also are you wanting your car re doing correctly or some compensation for your problems or both?

Both by the sounds of it.

If they've had the car for 22 weeks in 6 months by my maths you can't have had it more than 6 weeks with you. That's a total disgrace. Personally I've never used a 'dealer' body shop as i've seen the usual standard of work that comes out of them. If im reading it right you've already given them 5 chances to do the job right and they've either bodged it or just not got around to do it (which is even more unacceptable in my books).

If you have finance on the car get onto your finance company and let them know that your having serious issues with the car (that untill you make the final payment is technically theirs) and that you need help sorting it. They should be willing to help as its in their interests. I'd also be demanding that the car goes to a body shop of your choice stating that the Renault one is clearly incompetent of doing the job and you've no confidence that they will ever do it right. I'd also have a go at working out what it's cost you in terms of everything due to the body shops lack of ability to do their job. Inc your time, petrol, lost tax, lost insurance, depreciation (over time) and due to the poor work. It could be quite a total.

I work for a Renault approved bodyshop so i know a few contacts but i doubt you will get anywhere with compensation for your losses.
What you need to do is get back in touch with customer services and tell them you would like the Ixell paint rep to come out and see your car. I have our reps details so if you get stuck let me know.

Thanks guys, dealing with a guy called Ray, says he is customer service manager, but heard a rumour that they all say that?!! He has been ok to be honest, I think he is abit ashamed by it all too! Bought the car outright, so no finance company involved. If it was not for the fact it was paint warrenty then our merc Bodyshop would definatly be doing this work as I have 100% faith in their work. Their guy Danny has been as helpfull as possible, unfortunatly he must be getting to the stage of tearing his hair out over it!
Paddy_R is correct with his maths, during our 'summer' spell the dealer had it for seven weeks!! So I have had hardly anytime to enjoy the car for the latter half of the year!
Like I say though, car has gone back today , so will check it out when it comes back and see where I go from there.
Smithandroper thanks for the info, may need it if/when I get the car back!

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with Smiths Renault mate, I'm from Spalding to and have used them for both service and body shop repairs and not had a problem. Well apart from some p*ss poor machine polishing after my rear quarter was repaired by them.

I've spoken to Renault UK last time I had an issue and they were very helpful and sorted it out pretty quickly , probably your best bet.

Thanks luke197, good to know, hopefully get it sorted this time!! Not seen yours about in spalding, but with how little I've had mine lately you prob thought the same about mine!!

Hope you get it sorted to mate. I've been walking to work recently, so not really been driving it much in the day. I'll keep an eye out for you, if you get much time with it anyway.

Thats a total disgrace! I would push for compensation. I donubt you'll get money in your pocket, but I would be pushing for some free servicing, oil, options etc. (that's presuming the dealer is up to the job of even changing oil!).

ive had a couple of bits done by my local Ford dealer in the past and their work is flawless (they also prep race cars, and renovate old jags) so it's not all dealers, it just seems you've got a bad 'un. Also speak with consumer advice. They're very helpful in situations like this and even mentioning their name puts most companies on the back foot.

Thanks guys, dealing with a guy called Ray, says he is customer service manager, but heard a rumour that they all say that?!! He has been ok to be honest, I think he is abit ashamed by it all too! Bought the car outright, so no finance company involved. If it was not for the fact it was paint warrenty then our merc Bodyshop would definatly be doing this work as I have 100% faith in their work. Their guy Danny has been as helpfull as possible, unfortunatly he must be getting to the stage of tearing his hair out over it!
Paddy_R is correct with his maths, during our 'summer' spell the dealer had it for seven weeks!! So I have had hardly anytime to enjoy the car for the latter half of the year!
Like I say though, car has gone back today , so will check it out when it comes back and see where I go from there.
Smithandroper thanks for the info, may need it if/when I get the car back!

I would ask RUK that you want to take it to a different Renault bodyshop and that you want them to sort out the payment with the current cowboys and compensation in the form of a free service or whatever as i doubt they will give you any money.

I'd then give it to Carl (Smithandroper) its about an hour up the A1 and then a couple of junction next to the M62. Not ideal with the distance but you will get it back 100% perfect first time.

I know ideally you want to give it to your work but thats highly unlikely with it being outside of renaults network.

When I had an issue on my 197 which customer services refused to fix under warranty I got really pissed off and found the name of Renault UK's managing director. I send him an email directly, the next day renault phoned up offering to resolve my issue! So, have a look on google for someone senior's email address and threaten to go to the press or something, they'll soon bend over

Bend over? They dont. They'll do as little as possible.

Mine had paint at the same bodyshop, twice. Still isnt perfect but couldnt be bothered after all the other cr@p.