Anyone know any history on this car.

Looking to buy a 197 again but I've found this one on pistonheads, then found a link on here for it on eBay from a few months ago.

So reg # R2 SVN. Im sure I've seen it on the forum before so does anyone know anything about it. It's gona be 4hr drive for me to see it so thought I might be able to find out some history on it first.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3562588.htm

Cheers

Never been on here to my knowledge, but I have posted about it when it was for sale at Harratts Wakefield because of the plate. Didn't look like it had anything wrong back then, but I cant comment on the time since.

£5700?? Bloody hell that's a bargain for a LY R27 with not even 40k miles on the clock! Sure it's not a cat d or something?

Used to live round the corner from me but it disappeared sometime at end of last year. He either moved or sold it

£5700?? Bloody hell that's a bargain for a LY R27 with not even 40k miles on the clock! Sure it's not a cat d or something?

I agree, there's definately something not right there. The likes of we Buyanycar would even offer/pay more than that and that's saying something.

Went down to look at the car today and a bit of a disappointment really bodywork wise it's in ok condition nothing a run over with a g220 wouldn't sort out but it looks like its been lying around before they got it, I think the guy on eBay sold it to a trader then they passed it to Evans halshaw to make a quick few quid of it.

Under the bonnet is terrible full of leaves and rubbish would prob take me at least 3 days to get it cleaned up to my standard, passenger seat base need redone and driver side not far behind, steering wheel needs changed too. Drove quite well although last mot stated that exhaust had been sealed up to pass emissions test so make me think that it's on it's last legs and also belts due in June.

Usual rubbish from sales man infant he was a complete cock really put me on a downer so going with my gut instinct decided to leave it as could potentially turn into a money pit in the next few months and would rather wait to find the right car. And when I opened the bonnet and complained of the mess it was in he said yeah our valet ears aren't the best they just power wash it, nice just what you want to here.

List of problems I found. Under the bonnet full of crap inside scuttle panel too, new seat base cover required for both seats, exhaust could be on its way out but didn't sound to bad when driving, steering wheel needs replaced, passenger side window seal is all warped out of shape, the wheel arch liners were all busted n broken, to rear tyres are cheap rubbish cost about £30 for both I reckon and 2 uniroyal's on the front, brakes didn't have much feel to them possibly new pads required, HID kit been fitted to light (personally not my cup of tea) AND worst of all the salesman who is typical Evans halshaw style a KNOB!!pretends to know nothing and can't do anything.

Good luck to whoever has the misfortune to buy this car as it will take a good few days to get back to a respectable condition.

Shocking and just to think I lowered the price of mine to undercut them. No wonder its so cheap if its in that poor state. At least I can say mine has been well looked after.

this was my old car - traded it in a couple of years back.

not much info i can pass on really, had the drivers seat base replaced when i had it. I also fitted the projector headlights and the elia spoiler on it.

only had 10k when i had it though - seems like its in a bit of a state now