Anyone tried this? (Glass Plug)

Someone posted this the other day. Think they have only recently become available. I have a glass one on the way from Germany, which was about £20.

I have one fitted to my race car, fits well needs a little sealant on it.

It's genuine carbon, thats never cheap.

Been watching it on the bay for a while now, only issue is getting the wiper motor off apparently need to drill out the metal holding it in place. I just don't like the sound of it! Any one got any tips?

Yeah would like to know if it's easy to do too. I'm not mechanically minded and am shocking with tools so I tend to stay away from anything involving DIY. Anyone got any advice like DanT asks?

Been watching it on the bay for a while now, only issue is getting the wiper motor off apparently need to drill out the metal holding it in place. I just don't like the sound of it! Any one got any tips?

Yeah would like to know if it's easy to do too. I'm not mechanically minded and am shocking with tools so I tend to stay away from anything involving DIY. Anyone got any advice like DanT asks?

It's fairly easy. Firstly, you need to remove the parcel shelf and then the inner boot lid trim and I'd recommend some trim removal tools, otherwise you'll rip your fingers to shreds (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Door-car-trim-upholstery-remover/dp/B001J52274) work your way around the clips, until it pops off. You will then be faced with the below:

459cfce2-9fe6-408f-a999-56c63d1d5bb6_zps1ujoumyz.jpg

The rivets are the three holes you can see which secure the motor. These need to be bored out by 1 or 2 mm; they are not 'pop rivets, and you don't have to go all the way through, but place some wood behind them between the inner boot lid to be on the safe side. Obviously unplug the motor.

90acc046-e627-4a45-8082-9e0339b95011_zpssuzcehpx.jpg

The wiper arm is where you could spend some unwanted time. Perhaps spray it with something for a few days before hand to loosen it, but I think you simply pull it off. I say simply, I ended with sawing mine off!

13689f24-1b16-4cd1-9789-ea3aa4189900_zpsyiqrkxii.jpg

I'm sure there may be a better way of getting the wiper arm off, so it's worth looking through some of the other threads on here relating to the subject.

any reason for getting rid of the rear wiper? i like mine (didnt have one in my last car) :smile:

Ascetics; it tidies up the rear of the clio nicely and ,arguably, weight reduction; alongside one less thing to maintain. If you lived without one, then go for it, but note that the diffuser kicks up a lot of road dust. You can treat the whole rear with a hydrophobe of some description, I've been using Auto Finesse Tough Coat (http://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/tough-coat-250ml) but I'm sure there are better products for the job. I'd avoid windex, as although it repels water, it is tacky and attracts dust particles.

Love the clean look and plus lets be honest, that wiper is really nothing but a drag on the rear, prefer the airflow to continue down the rear than be distorted with a wiper arm! :smiley: