Audi A3

Tom

Platinum Member
As many of you already know from having me on Facebook or knowing me in real life, I've fully up and left the Clio scene for the VAG scene!

Absolutely no reflection on the quality performance the RS range has to offer or the community itself (You guys are awesome :-P).

Through and through, my RS were two of the best cars I've ever owned and this is without a doubt, the best car forum I've ever joined.

I just wanted a little more luxury and comfort in my life and I've always wanted an Audi A3, 4 or 5.

So I got a 1.9 TDI Audi A3 with the B8 chassis.

Got it with full Audi SH, 25k on the clock - as if new. Also got two years free servicing, MOT cover, breakdown cover and some other crap.

Car is full of bells and whistles that making living with it amazing.... I got stuck on the motorway for 7 hours yesterday, following an accident on the A14.

The Audi was a very nice place to be. No discomfort or anything.

Even sitting there with the air con on, I averaged about 50MPG. My whole journey home was 65MPG.

Bliss! A £70 tank will take me ~700 miles and I love it.

Anyway, enough blabber - here she is!

7648685912_cbed086231_z.png
Audi A3 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7648685150_fc1bae0d8c_z.png
Audi A3 by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I also debadged her on day of collection:

7648684522_916f5293de_z.png
Audi A3 - Standard Rear by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7648683676_17512b3207_z.png
Audi A3 - Debadged by Tom Cash, on Flickr

Future plans are:
  • Coilovers
  • Black front grille and matching fog surrounds
  • Yellow fog tints
  • Xenons (maybe)
  • BBS CH wheels in 18/19″, depending on how low I want to go
  • Front splitter (maybe)
  • Black roof (maybe)
  • Privacy Glass (maybe)
Thanks for reading.

I'm also keeping a blog of my progress through this, if anyone is interested: http://www.tomcash.co.uk/category/audi/ :smile:

Tom.

Last edited:
I like it! Always liked A3's, just never liked the people that drive them :smiley:

As long as you remember that you dont rule the road we will get along just fine haha

So I got a 1.9 TDI Audi A8 with the B8 chassis.

Epic fail there, that would make clarkson laugh :rofl:

Are the wheels 5x100 or 5x112? i have some 18" BBS reps in 5x100 that would suit that.

Just noticed Tom you must get bored with your cars quick or have loads of money ?????

In pic 2 it's up for sale already

Good colour choice mate! I was really anti-diesel but after driving the girlfriends DCi all week I can see the appeal (havent had to fill up at all yet!) Good luck with the new car :smile:

Cheers Chris, Roy and Mike. :smile:

I knew I'd get a lot of stick for the engine and for it being an Audi lol.

I wont become the typical Audi driver, I hope.

As for the engine size, It's slow, yeah, but it's a nice amount of slow. It delivers power well and so easily. Makes my trek to work effortless.

As for Red, I was quite stubborn with my colour choice - red cars FTW! :smiley:

big_rimage043.jpg

Not the best pic, the red pinstripe has faded and two have small kerb damage so a bit of paint needed, they are satin black so could be matched with a rattle can easily, tyres are good though, two still like new, £200, you'll need new spiggot rings as i had them on an alfa, about a tenner.

Cheers man, i'd probs get them refurbed anyway. I'll find out fitments and get back to you.

Would they come with tyres?

Could I get a better pic of the set please?

Yes thats with tyres, 225 40x18 i think kumhos on the front but only a cheap brand on the back but they've (rear) only done about 700 miles.

Cheers Luke. I was tempted by mapping and a new exhaust, filter 'cause these TDI's map well when their air is flowing right, but it's only 105bhp, so I dunno if I can warrant it...

Cheers wayne, will give you a shout when I find out if they fit. :smile:

How long you going to keep this one Tom? Lol!

You'll get bored I reckon. Personally wouldn't be my choice of motor, but each to their own.

Looks nice mate, big change to the Clio!!! :smiley:

Will be a bit better once she's dropped on her arse.

Great cars mate not as fun as the Clio but pull like a train my dad has a 2.0 S-Line 170 I use it as my 2nd car and they are great to drive.

Here's his

f9239329.jpg