Audi R8 Plus vs Renault Clio Cup racecar

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/richard-hammond-renault-clio-cup-2141013

Renault-Clio-Cup-Racing-Car.png

The new Renaultsport Clio 200 Turbo EDC is a great little car. It looks fantastic, it’s fast and has great handling. Only snag is that it comes with a semi-automatic gearbox and that rather spoils it for me. Others, however, will love it. Renault makes another hot Clio which also has a sequential gearbox but, unlike the Clio 200 Turbo EDC, it also has a clutch pedal.It’s the new Clio Cup race car and we’ve had a go in it. The car is actually built for the Clio Cup racing series in the UK and Europe but there’s nothing to stop you and me from ringing up Renault and buying one. It’ll cost you about £34,000.And why would you want to do that? Because it would make a fantastic trackday car, that’s why.

I'm assuming it wouldn't be easy sticking the gearbox and clutch in a 200t.

Last edited:
Yeah, he states a few times it's the slicks, and that if there was a longer straight, it would be different. Even so....

I need to have a go in the Clio Cup ( might need to lose a bit of weight first though ha ) for a track day car it would be awesome. Interesting though that the Clio cup has Brembos. I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade mine.