Auto levelling headlights

I got flashed tonight and I'm now worried my headlights aren't levelling as they should be.
I have the xenons etc so how do I know if they are working as they should?
Is there anything that happens if a sensor breaks like they point to the ground?
Just looking for some help please.

when you start up and put them on you should see the light beams move up/down and settle to the correct aim

there is a sensor on the front axle and one on the rear (both passenger side iirc)

Hi, I had this happen twice. Renault said it can be damaged by going through deep puddles at speed. The xenons just point in the air. Out of warranty it's a £200 job in warranty it's free. Best to take it to them as it's more than likely a faulty sensor

I had a front faulty sensor.

Went to a garage that has Renault Clip tool and reprogrammed the software (turned auto leveling off after I had the lights properly tuned).

The front sensor is £170.

I've seen them move from low to high when I very first start the car so maybe they are working. I've also seen them dip about an inch as I pulled out of a parking space late last night.
I suppose I'll keep my eye on them and if I get anymore flashes take it in for them to look at it as I'd hate to think I'm blinding anyone.

i had issues with mine long time ago, they sorted themself out? lol.